• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5950x OC all core

Soldato
Hey so every google search results in me getting a different answer,

I'm getting 29.5k Cinebench @ 4.525ghz @ 1.21v

Is this a low score, and my temps are 80C under full load on an NHD15. Tempted to go Custom loop. Now i also have a B550 which i'm not sure maybe limiting me

Soldato

Is this a low score, and my temps are 80C under full load on an NHD15. Tempted to go Custom loop. Now i also have a B550 which i'm not sure maybe limiting me
4.9ghz seems to be do-able, but red teamers should confirm.

Soldato

mid just leave it lie that, not much more to be gained. I can do 4.7ghz all core on mine but it requires 1.29v, I haven't tried any higher voltage to see if it can get faster - I get 78c with this on water

Soldato

what sort of volts and temps do you get if you do something like all core 4ghz or 4.2ghz?

Soldato
what sort of volts and temps do you get if you do something like all core 4ghz or 4.2ghz?

at 4ghz he's should need close to 1v flat since that's what a stock 5950x does - if I set mine to stock and run cinebench I get 3.9ghz all core with 1.0v

Soldato
at 4ghz he's should need close to 1v flat since that's what a stock 5950x does - if I set mine to stock and run cinebench I get 3.9ghz all core with 1.0v

What sort if temps do you get with running it at 1v and what sort of power consumption does it show in something like hwinfo?

Soldato
OP
mid just leave it lie that, not much more to be gained. I can do 4.7ghz all core on mine but it requires 1.29v, I haven't tried any higher voltage to see if it can get faster - I get 78c with this on water

Thanks for this - Yeah i'll keep it as - on a side note was taken aback how much the gain is vs stock ( pbo off )

Soldato
Ahh nice 1.18v seems pretty decent.

I thought it was more towards it is not safe for the voltage.

I never really understood this idea. By the looks of it almost everyone who does an all core oc ends up using a lower voltage than pbo does

Associate
I never really understood this idea. By the looks of it almost everyone who does an all core oc ends up using a lower voltage than pbo does

Yeah i am not 100% sure either, just something i keep seeing pop up when i do any research in to it.

Caporegime

I think originally people were seeing Zen 2/3 use 1.4V ish so assumed this was OK to use for all core OCs. The reality is is that Zen only uses those high voltages transiently and under low loads.

A conservative voltage all core clock isn't a problem but you lose some of the single core/few core performance as you no longer see the high boost clocks you'd get with PBO.

Associate
In the bios under "Amd Overclocking -> Manual Overclocking" part of the bios where it asks for voltage and core i am assuming 1200 = 1.2 - 1180 = 1.18 & 4500 = 4.5 etc as it does not specify what parameters it uses. Don't want to end up blasting it with volts.

Soldato
OP
In the bios under "Amd Overclocking -> Manual Overclocking" part of the bios where it asks for voltage and core i am assuming 1200 = 1.2 - 1180 = 1.18 & 4500 = 4.5 etc as it does not specify what parameters it uses. Don't want to end up blasting it with volts.

Sounds right but I'd double check YouTube pc guides for your board

Back
Top Bottom