6 cyl turbos?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Whilst day dreaming about what cars are in the running for what I want next, I was struggling to think of many cheapish (like 200sx kinda thing) cars that have both a turbo and 6 cylinders? Ideally more track orientated than a saloon. BTW I prefer Vs to straights (sound ;))

Toyota Supra (maybe a bit bloated)
300ZX (dont know much about them)
Galant VR4 (not really same kinda thing)

That's all I could think of without going silly like Nobles etc.

Anyone?

Soldato
OP
JTrickle said:
Various Skylines, Mitsu 3000/GTO.

Theres buying a cheap one, and then theres running it.

Skyline yea, GTO is more of a tourer than a track weapon though :x

I suppose not many cars are light and nimble AND have big engines

Soldato
rG-tom said:
Hey guys,

Whilst day dreaming about what cars are in the running for what I want next, I was struggling to think of many cheapish (like 200sx kinda thing) cars that have both a turbo and 6 cylinders? Ideally more track orientated than a saloon. BTW I prefer Vs to straights (sound ;))

Toyota Supra (maybe a bit bloated)
300ZX (dont know much about them)
Galant VR4 (not really same kinda thing)

That's all I could think of without going silly like Nobles etc.

Anyone?

300zx is just as bloated as a supra, allthough its the opinion of many that the 300 is nicer to drive, but I couldn't comment on that.

Soldato
I'm thinking 6 cly turbo next too.

3000GT i'm thinking, but like you say I don't think they like tight corners or being thrown about. 200SX is the sensible choice but not got the V6 goodness, more of a track weapon though with lots of boost.

Soldato
Pants said:
Interesting... tell me more. What are the vital stats.
Hmm.

Well I guess for me that main advantage to the Fiat Coupe is that its a perfect compromise between performance and practicality. You get relatively decent mpg, 4 seats, a big boot, confortable interior, a good spec list and build quality. Whilst at the same time you get 220bhp, a LSD, unique looks, trackable handling, gigantic brembo brakes and a pretty decent 0-60 (see the G meter list. Not bad for fwd ;)

The main drawbacks are that servicing is not cheap and its not rear wheel drive.

I guess the fiat coupe is all about one thing. If you like the looks or not. It seems to be a very marmite car. You either love it or hate it. It you like the looks, then if you give it a test drive performance will win you over. If you dont like the looks, or if you absolutely must have rear wheel drive, then its not the car for you.

Man of Honour
Supra and 300SX are both going to be "bloated" because they are large Grand Tourers, built to sweep down motorways and gentle A-roads in a comfortable and assured manner.

Doesn't mean you can't throw them about mind you.

Remember the Supra 3 is going to be single-turbo if you get a UK model, JDM (yo!) ones are generally twin turbo like the 300ZX.

Back
Top Bottom