£600 gaming PC build

Associate
Good evening guys.

I was advised that someone could help me out to give some idea what would be the best gaming pc spec for the budget I have.

The games I want to play:
- Mafia 2 & Mafia 3
- Fall Out 4
- World of Warcraft
- Diablo 3
- Witcher 3
- NFS Payback
- Starcraft 2
Money to be spent: £600

To be honest I have very little idea about what's cost/benefit optimal on the market these days and would appreciate any help on the build. Thank you.

Associate
OP
I see. I already got the monitor and the keyboard. So, overall I will need to buy PC and a mouse.

Let me put it this way. I want to play those games above with highest/ultra settings. Let's see what is the minimum I need to pay to achieve this result.
Thank you.

Associate
OP
Right, thank you guys for those build proposals. Now, one of them is £1,500 and the other £900.
My question now would be how much of a performance difference there is and is it worthy to pay extra 500 quid for it? When it comes to gaming, how will that affect it. Big or small change?

Finally, I was thinking how much more would I need to pay to get a build that is of similar spec but looking out of this planet, just for visual purposes??

Thank you ;)

Man of Honour
My question now would be how much of a performance difference there is and is it worthy to pay extra 500 quid for it? When it comes to gaming, how will that affect it. Big or small change?
On the GPU alone, you're looking at a 40%+ increase in performance going from the 1060 to a 1070ti. Not to mention that the 1060 specced is a mini card, which will run hotter and louder.
With regards to the other parts...excluding the £250 increase from the GPU...the extra £350 gains you, from the top:
1) 6 core 12 threaded CPU, rather than a 6c6t cpu, this will help performance in games that are multithreaded (which are getting more and more common) and when running multiple tasks in the background.
2) 16gb ram - optimum amount currently. 8gb is the bare required.
3) a mid tier mobo, with latest audio etc. And good vrms for overclock.
4) SSD! 500gb of it! Super fast boot and game load times and a much better overall improvement to system responsiveness. Best quality of Life upgrade to any computer.
5) a top tier power supply to run with the graphics card, rather than a cheap unit. Evga 450bt is a decent, cheap unit that I frequently spec with a 1060, but not in this case, when there's a 1070ti on board.
6) mid range cooler for quieter operation, or for a better overclock (or both? Lol)
7) better looking case

Also, why I specced a 1070ti rather than the recommended 1060:
nfs needs a 970/1060 for 1080p@60/high. so that leaves 1070/1070ti+ for ultra

Man of Honour
Finally, I was thinking how much more would I need to pay to get a build that is of similar spec but looking out of this planet, just for visual purposes??
depends on how much you want to pay lol. i know its a rounded question, but honestly, this can run into the hundreds, depending on how much bling you want the computer to look.
BUT, imo, forget about doing this unless you have a top spec. i'd rather spend the extra on improving the internal components.

ps: lol from a £600 budget, now we're going into the thousands. talk about price creep. this is a price leap! :D

Associate
depends on how much you want to pay lol. i know its a rounded question, but honestly, this can run into the hundreds, depending on how much bling you want the computer to look.
BUT, imo, forget about doing this unless you have a top spec. i'd rather spend the extra on improving the internal components.

ps: lol from a £600 budget, now we're going into the thousands. talk about price creep. this is a price leap! :D

Yes you get less bang for buck now days.

Associate
OP
After some consideration I decided to go with £918.47 option, but was wondering what kind of CD/DVD drive should I get to this set and what would be a suitable monitor to go along with it too.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you.

Associate
Unless there are specific games you already own on disc that you require, generally people don't have a cd drive. Everything is downloaded and you install windows from a USB. If you do need a drive just the cheapest brand you have heard of.

For that setup you are looking at 1080p, so a 144 hz 1080p monitor would be best.

Back
Top Bottom