• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6300 clock speed??

Associate
Just taken the plunge and gone for a Core 2 Duo 6300, Gigbayte DS3, 7600GT and 1GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM...rock n' roll! :) Quick question though - how does a 6300 rate in terms of P4 mhz? A lot of games use the P4 mhz when quoting recommended specs, e.g. Oblivion says P4 3ghz. I'm presuming a 6300 has more juice than this, but then it says it runs at 1.86ghz....what is it's clock speed in P4-terms?

Associate
Using the tomshardware CPU comparator, an E6400 is equal to or better than the P4 3.6Ghz in most of the benchmarks, so I'd say the poster above is about on the money?

Edit: That was the Pentium D 3.6Ghz I was referring to, and the E6400 was a lot quicker in the game benchmarks.

Last edited:
Soldato
What we said ^^ ;)

studiosonic said:
...and is that before or after it being OC'd? (like I see it is nicely in your sig! :D )

Thanks, although there are many better clocks out there than my humble effort..... :rolleyes: got an E6600 on the way so this E6300 may well be looking for a new home sometime real soon :eek:

Back
Top Bottom