65 Inch S90C 4K OLED

Soldato
hey, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this TV, does anyone else have one, anything that I should know, and, am I missing something better for around the same price £1,115 ?, I could just about afford the 77 inch version, but we'd have to move house to get it to fit one of our walls!(not happening) it's close, but it just won't fi, unless I had the radiator repositioned

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that the top end of your budget? It seems most people recommend the LG C4 at that screen size, but even with the current 20% off promo code you're still looking at £2159.99 from John Lewis

Associate
Where are you buying it from, you can get it for much cheaper than you're paying. I got a 65" for the living room and it's the perfect size for most UK living rooms imo. If you're in a bigger than normal room you'll likely want the 77" but the 65" is the sweet spot with pricing.

The S90C is great except for some motion performance in some low frame rate scenes (you can toggle some settings to reduce this judder) but apart from that the best pound for pound OLED TV imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the 65” in the early may bank holiday direct from Samsung for £999. I was going to go for the LG C3 but that was about 3-400 dearer. I have been very impressed by it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've had a change of mind with this one, the cheapest I could find is a whopping £1400, so I'm plumping for the 55 inch version instead, it still ticks all my boxes, 4k, OLED,a nice price, bigger than our current TV, which is only a 15 year old 46 inch LG, the 55" S90C is much cheaper at £849, which is a £600 saving, my mum has been eying up a snuggle seat sofa bed chair since two christmases ago, so I'll just treat her to that as well, because it costs £600 , everyone's a winner! it leaves me some room for improvement in the future too, I'll save up some again, and wait for a decent price on the 65 inch later

Thank you for everyone's input
:)

Associate
I've had a change of mind with this one, the cheapest I could find is a whopping £1400, so I'm plumping for the 55 inch version instead, it still ticks all my boxes, 4k, OLED,a nice price, bigger than our current TV, which is only a 15 year old 46 inch LG, the 55" S90C is much cheaper at £849, which is a £600 saving, my mum has been eying up a snuggle seat sofa bed chair since two christmases ago, so I'll just treat her to that as well, because it costs £600 , everyone's a winner! it leaves me some room for improvement in the future too, I'll save up some again, and wait for a decent price on the 65 inch later

Thank you for everyone's input
:)

Great decision , I have the 55inch version and is great for my room.

Soldato
OP
had the 55 inch S9OC put on the opposite wall today, they finished just in time to watch the ukraine score 2 goals towin their match, then when it finished a antiques roadsow thing came on, really happy with it the depth of colour, on one guy's claret pullover was amazing

I was slightly worried about how the sound would be, but I'm really satisfied with that too, no need for a soundbar what-so-ever, I think the speakeers on these must be rear facing? our old tv had downward facing speakers, and although the sound was loud and pretty crisp on that, it never seemed quite right, I certainly was not expecting as much Bass as this set can put out
I'm chuffed that both the sound on the s90c and the picture are better, I don't think that I could have asked for more
very happy that the reflections are low with this TV too, it's kjinda bright down that end of the room, and as soon as the protective sheet was taken off the front, ta-dar, no reflections!
all, in all, I'm a very happy man indeed!
:) :)

Last edited:
Soldato
had the 55 inch S9OC put on the opposit wall today, finished just in time to watch the ukrain win their match, then when it finished a antiques roadsow thing came on, really happy with it the depth of colour on one guy's claret pullover was amazing
I was slight;ly worried about how rthe sound would be, but I'm really satisfied with that too, no need for a soundbar what-so-ever I think the speakeers on these must be rear facing? our old tv had downward facing speakers, and although the sound was loud and pretty crisp on that, I'm chuffed that both the sound on the s90c and the picture are better, I don't think that I could have asked for more
very happy that the reflections are low with this TV too, it's kjinda bright down that end of the room, and as soon as the protective sheet was taken off the front, ta-dar, no refection!
all, in all, I'm a very happy man indeed!
:) :)

Good idea to find some decent video settings, OOTB might be too contrasty, vivid, colour, sharpness etc.

Soldato
OP
Good idea to find some decent video settings, OOTB might be too contrasty, vivid, colour, sharpness etc.
'm happy, and I don't really know what a picture really 'should' look like tbh, so I'd only get lost, and/or screw something up!

now busy catching up on DrWho series 11, as I missed the female doctor season thanks to my stroke, I'd better watch them before moving onto the black Dr..
.. perfect showcase so far, nice inky black space, and cool scifi colours, Bloody brilliant! I quite like jodie as the doctor, she's got sp*nk!(also known as jizz)

Last edited:
Soldato
'm happy, and I don't really know what a picture really 'should' look like tbh, so I'd only get lost, and/or screw something up!

now busy catching up on DrWho series 11, as I missed the female doctor season thanks to my stroke, I'd better watch them before moving onto the black Dr..
.. perfect showcase so far, nice inky black space, and cool scifi colours, Bloody brilliant! I quite like jodie as the doctor, she's got sp*nk!(also known as jizz)

Most TV are set to ultra bright ultra contrast vivid mode. Too much colour inaccurate colour temp etc

No you won't screw it up. Find some settings from rtings or something like that and enter into a user profile.

Soldato
OP
it was try the TV for our first movie with it tonight, what did my mum choose? only Dirty-bloody-dancing,
I guess it was 4k UHD at least >.< I guess she did come with me to the cinema to watch wrath of khan, and the search for spock uwu so all's fair really
:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom