£650 - what to do???

Associate
Well, I awoke this morning to fined one of the very few nice letters ever to come from that wonderful fellow Gordon Brown, in the form of a cheque for £650 rebate from 2 years ago (they are speedy these days).

So rather than doing the usual student thing of ***** it up the wall in beer, what do I buy - I truly am at a loss as to what to do!!! (No, I'm not going to give it away!)

Perhaps I could use it to research the possibility of starting a subversion, taking the government over from within!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Buy a new PC? Or put it towards paying off your student loan? If you haven't learnt to drive yet, you can do that with the money. :)

Man of Honour
Trifid said:
Buy a new PC? Or put it towards paying off your student loan? If you haven't learnt to drive yet, you can do that with the money. :)

Your student loan is the cheapest loan you'll ever get. I don't see the point in trying to pay it off ASAP. If he has credit cards or mortgages (improbably being a student) it's far more sensible paying them off. My student loan is taken off my salary (quite a fair chunk actually! :() but it gets paid off - I've got about 2 more years to go and as my salary gets bigger it'll quickly disappear.

When you leave uni it's nice to have a bit of cash as a buffer whilst looking for jobs, or maybe going on a trip or anything like that. However I sign up to the live for today way of life too... it's a tough call - but only you know what you are like, if you feel you can save it and be sensible go for it, if you feel you can spend it wisely go for it, if you just want to drink it away, go for it (I wouldn't though ;)).

Wise Guy
Permabanned
secret squire said:
....... what do I buy - I truly am at a loss as to what to do!!! .........
In which case, why not squirrel it away someplace where it earns you a bit, until such time as you aren't at a loss to know what to do with it? Otherwise, you'll buy something on a whim 'cos somehere here suggests something, and in a few weeks/months when you do come across something you really want, you'll be wishing you hadn't blown that £650 windfall.

Soldato
Sequoia said:
In which case, why not squirrel it away someplace where it earns you a bit, until such time as you aren't at a loss to know what to do with it? Otherwise, you'll buy something on a whim 'cos somehere here suggests something, and in a few weeks/months when you do come across something you really want, you'll be wishing you hadn't blown that £650 windfall.

very good advice :)

Or buy a used omega seamaster

Soldato
$loth said:
Help me make a short zombie film?
Ohhh, I would love to make a short Zombie film :( But, if you have been studying a long time a holiday is always good :) Or as others have said in the bank with it!

Back
Top Bottom