£650ish spec - final check please

Permabanned
I shall by ordering this very shortly, will appreciate it if you guys could give it the quick once over, make sure everything is all right or if you could give any advice on changes etc.I had trouble deciding on a graphics card. Was looking at a X1950Pro but just couldn't decide which one. I would have preferred something with a better quality cooler, but for an extra £30 do you think the XT is worth it? I'll be gaming at 1280x1024, hopefully maxed out settings. This spec is really the maximum money wise also.

380892857_134c48ce07_o.jpg

I'm also concerned that the CPU may bottleneck the graphics card. Will this be the case?

Last edited:
The Connect 3d x1950 pro is a good choice, and good distance cheaper.

The money you could save on that I would recommend investing into the THIS WEEK ONLY Geil memory which is at a fantastic price!

Assuming you have looking into the differences in 4300 and 6300 its a bit of coinflip that one if you are overclocking. Some say 4300 is easier to overclock and produces amazing results others say 6300 is better.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-058-GL

With all other components the same this runs at 656 inc Vat!

:) Hope this helps you to make whichever decision you choose to make!

Its so simple to do with these conroes I would really reconsider this.. its so simple you may as well get the free performance! I am a oc n00b and i am getting along with it fin

I increased my 4300 to 2.54 on the stock cooler, dead easy mate ;)

i'd up the mobo to the ds3 for the little extra
also i'd up the ram to ddr 800 for the little extra
also the cpu will run all day overclocked to 2.4 and beyond

buy the oem cpu and upgrade the cooler-freezer pro £11 quid ish

I'd rather not do it to be honest. I prefer things to just run out of the box and be done with it. I know it's easy but it's always going to be a bit of a gamble. Maybe later on when performance starts to suffer but for the moment I'd rather not. Considering this are there any other thoughts?

Connect3d is cheapest, but the HIS one has a much better cooler.

Secondary to this, overclocking is only gambling when you go nuts on a stock cooler expecting 3.8ghz straight away. Even then its not going to fry it, just going to have to go back to defaults.

Its your decision but its free performance, though it wont happen out of the box of course :)

I've just realized it works out at exactly the same money to the penny as the original spec :eek:

As the for graphics card, I would really prefer one with better cooling than a stock. the slight overclock is nice too.

Final thoughts?

You have much better future proof ram AND a great gfx card that has better cooling than the other option

I think thats a big thumbs up mate!

Back
Top Bottom