• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600 unlock?

Associate
ok i just got a really cheap xfx 6600le 256mb pci-e card to replace the 128mb x600 i had for my media centre and heard that some cards pixel pipelines can be unlocked.
i set about the net looking for a guide and good only reallly find decent ones for the 6800 and figured hat they cant be much diffrent so i gave it a shot.
i followed the instructions and all seemed well bu after i enable the extra pipelines and apply the settings so that in the drop down tab it says
"custom (8pp,3vp)"

then it asks me to restart the machine to apply the settings so i do but when i restart the pc riva tuner still show the pipelines as being disabled i dont understand i thaught that if the pipelines are there you can unlock them its just a chance they wont work properly and cause artifacts.
these apear to be there they just wont enable is there anything else i can use to enable them?

Associate
OP
can i flash it ? another thing the card is a pci express and it has a molexs connector on it i thaught that pci express 6600's didnt need the external power as pcie could provide sufficient

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
only agp 6600 cards can be unlocked.

None can be unlocked

comradpoplin! said:
can i flash it ? another thing the card is a pci express and it has a molexs connector on it i thaught that pci express 6600's didnt need the external power as pcie could provide sufficient

Flashing it wont help, just overclock it.

Soldato
Zefan said:
Anyone know WHY they locked them :confused:

Locked what? There arent physically any more pipes on the 6600 series of cards, if you mean the sensor then thats probably because they didnt want people worrying about temps as most had crap stock cooling :p

Back
Top Bottom