• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600k temp at stock 100c LOL!

Permabanned
So i picked up a cheap 6600k on ebay.
the listing said it was ok but run hot, was cheap so i snapped it up.

As you can see at stock speeds on an aftermarket cooler it hits 100c with intel burn test, however i have noticed the Vcore will go upto 1.312v under load.

Do i de-lid or do i just under volt it, or could the massive Vcore be a fault on the CPU
i have seen the chips do 4.7 @ 1.35v

Untitled.jpg

Associate
Only real option is to delid with that chip imo. My 6700K is in a similar situation it doesn't mater what cooling solution is used the heat is struggling to get out of the IHS. I'm just waiting until Zen 2 is released, CBA with a delid ...

Permabanned
OP
Only real option is to delid with that chip imo. My 6700K is in a similar situation it doesn't mater what cooling solution is used the heat is struggling to get out of the IHS. I'm just waiting until Zen 2 is released, CBA with a delid ...

Sorted it... Notice all cores was running at 3.9Ghz..
Multi core enhancement was on running all cores are max single core turbo speed and dumping a load of voltage in.
Now Vcore is down to 1.186v and max temp is 80c, not good but better. i do have all the delid stuff so i will do it.

Untitled.jpg

Permabanned
OP
Well, any more progress?

i work thursday/friday and collage the rest of the week, i plan to delid and lap it on saturday.

i did manage to drop the temps by 20c just by turning off Multi core enhancement.
it dose still run at 80c with a 212 cooler @ stock speeds. the CPU look to be a very bad chip or the last owner overclocked the poo out of it and the TIM under the ihs is dead

Permabanned
OP
Well, any more progress?

finally got round to doing this, i used conductonaut(under IHS) and hydronaut(over IHS).
At 4.5Ghz @ 1.344V the CPU now hits 72c
so thats a big ass overclock and a drop of 28c overstock... :p

When i removed the lid the stock TIM was almost like powered i can only assume the last owner overclocked the poo out of the CPU for a long time.
CPU dose 4.8Ghz @ 1.44V so i can only assume the chip was run around this point?

Anyway all is good over here now :D

Back
Top Bottom