6700k OC

Associate
Hey, just wondering if you can point me in the right direction for overclocking my 6700k to around 4.5ghz (New to the skylake platform). I used to have a 3770k and it was also overclocked to 4.5ghz so i know my way around certain aspects of overclocking.

Specs in sig. (my old board was ASrock so this MSI bios is a lot different for me)

Associate
I have a 6600k, I just changed my ratio to 46, upped my LLC to 5/7, fixed my vcore to 1.30 and thats it.

Tested, Crash free and gaming happy ;)

**edit** from what i've seen with skylake you can go for a higher vcore (temp permitting), its not uncommon to see 1.35 - 1.38

Associate
OP
I have been having a read around and it does seem a lot simpler than Ivy Bridge, would you advise overclocking the CPU with the memory XMP profile on or have it off? At the moment i have it on.

Associate
OP
A bit more in detailed information

So basically i have been overclocking the 6700k with a MSI Z170A Gaming M7, strange thing with this motherboard is the LLC option (CPU GT Loadline Calibration Control) which only has one option called Mode 1. At the moment i have an overclock of 4.6Ghz @ 1.3V which under load has Vdroop of 1.272V (if anyone has any experience with this motherboard and vdrrop would be much appreciated). Anyway to my original question, as the overclock is stable and i do not want to run a contant voltage i set Adaptive Mode in the bios which only cranks up the voltage under load. IS there anyway i can stop it overvolting so much as i am peaking at around 1.335V when i have 1.300V set.

los

los

Associate
I have the Krait gaming and have experienced exactly the same as you, I just dropped vcore in the end, so it hits what I want under load, seemed odd to me, but I couldn't find any other way round it.

OcUK Staff
With current MSI Bios try LLC at AUTO as this should be LLC enabled and hence what ever you enter in bios is kept no matter what load.

I did not test this but for sure is what they are trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom