7/16" tubing very loose on 1/2" barbs?? Urgent help please

Soldato
I'm in the process of filling my first ever loop. I've noticed that for some reason, 7/16" tubing seems quite loose on my 1/2" barb. The most gentle tug appears to unsettle the tubing, and i've noticed that on one of my barbs, there is already a hazard for a leak, the tubing is very slightly sticking out, and a couple of drops of water have come out when I tug at the tubing to try to make it tighter. :(

How can I make them tighter? I haven't even turned the pump on yet

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I've got a hose clip spare, so I'll attach that on now :)
Thanks for the help everyone. Problem is that it's the only one i've noticed. The others could potentially leak when I turn the pump on, and I'll have no clue about it atm :\

Soldato
OP
Pics of the fitting in question:

2lc001k.jpg

o7or5t.jpg

Ignore the kink, I've got some anti kink coils on order.

Soldato
OP
You're a mind reader. That's the reason I made this thread. I was twisting the tube and it came off a little bit, with bits of water coming out :p. Twisting hasn't helped the kink, I'm hoping the coils will help though :)

Soldato
OP
It's an inconvenience to me, but as you said, it should be done properly. I'm not sure how I'll be able to empty all the tubes though. But I suppose that only the one that's being removed needs to be emptied

Edit: the 90' fitting is out of stock :(

Back
Top Bottom