7 Days to Die >> version 1 soon

Associate
No current thread for this - so created a new one.

I played this game many, many years ago and hated it.
But I just saw a youtuber play this (Pestily - an escape from Tarkov streamer) and thought it looked quite good - better than I remember.
They'd managed to get a early peek at the new version 1 release (it's currently on an Alpha release for us normies), so I thought I'd give it another go.

The first go I whacked all the settings right down as I don't want a zombie chewing on my head whilst I try to find the jump button, but thought the game was just too easy. I hid, quaking in my makeshift house on the first night after getting kicked out of the (what I thought was a brilliant idea) indestructible trader post on a hill nearby.

It wasn't until the 3 day that I realised I hadn't seen 1 zombie in all my time... I'd managed to turn them off in the settings... doh.
So, my second go with them turned on... what a difference, they sure are sneaky, not smart, just sneaky. Brilliant fun so far.
I'm just setting up my base on the third night, as it probably starts to ramp up from now on, on top of an old radio shack as it has limited access. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
was just looking at this the other day, seems mostly what you said; ws **** on release but apparently got a major overhaul and people now say the gameplay far outweighs the remaining bugs/glitches. will keep it on radar but i'm busy w/ Decision: Red Daze.

Associate
OP
As OP is still years behind, you can play version 1.0 on steam now, just go to the beta options
Well, that's just unfair. I don't have that option for me, just older alpha releases. Unless it's the 'latest_experimental' unstable one?

edit: Just seen an update from yesterday saying they're taking the password protection of the V1.0 experimental build. So it was the latest_experimental one :)

Thanks for that. Off to try it out

I've only had this for 2 days and already have 16 hours in it :)

Last edited:
Associate
Forgot this is finally getting to a full version.

I stopped playing it around Alpha 11.
bonkers to see it get up to the 20's and beyond!

I probably wont give it another go to be honest, its so different from original concept and what made it truly fun in my view anyway.
Not to mention its basically a 10 year old game already.

Soldato
Awesome game. I have been playing since A13 and have started a new game every update. Its crazy how much they added every time and it made the game feel fresh to play. Unbelievable value out of the £5 or so I paid for it. I'm kinda sad its out of Alpha and there wont be any more updates.

Soldato
I'm now 92 hours in ... finally crafted the gyrocopter and .... wished I hadn't. What a hateful machine. I'm going back to my push bike :)

It take some getting used to, i quite like it, but only tend to use it to fly from base to base, then jump on a motorbike

Soldato
They have quite broken some of the game, like the quest rewards are shocking, and the XP has been nurfed quite a bit
I'd argue these actually improve the game to be honest - I've got over 2,000 hours on this and the various overhaul mods and my biggest gripe is the progression is too quick - anything that drags out the early game is fine with me!

The 1.0 release isn't ground breaking compared to the latest Alpha but is a definite improvement imo!

Soldato
Forgot this is finally getting to a full version.

I stopped playing it around Alpha 11.
bonkers to see it get up to the 20's and beyond!

I probably wont give it another go to be honest, its so different from original concept and what made it truly fun in my view anyway.
Not to mention its basically a 10 year old game already.

This game is at it's peak on a private server with 4 or 5 mates - awesome fun!

Well that and the overhaul mods, Darkness Falls, EndZ, War3ZUK and Undead Legacy to name but a few!

Back
Top Bottom