£7 flights to the US

Soldato
I like the idea of having a day trip to the States!

I could pay for it with my pocket money! :p

Edit: As a result of this price drop CO2 emmisions will soar.

daz

daz

Soldato
singularity said:
they'd have to pay me to go there

greddy2.gif

Man of Honour
That would be amazing, but surely the fuel per passenger would be more than £10.. roll on cheap flights to America, I cant wait.

Permabanned
megatron said:
http://news.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/2007/04/ryanair_plannin.html

Will it become a good idea to take a flight just for the purpose of buying half price computer hardware (and obviously doing a bit of sightseeing/shopping)? :)

Dont beleive the hype.

There will be one seat per flight priced at 7 pounds. It will go on sale on a website accesible only to people who live in Alaska and will be written in Swahili.

On top of the price you will have to pay 48 different kinds of taxes. The total value of these will be 800 pounds.

You wont be able to take any luggage, and the flights will only go as far as Bermuda, where you will be supplied with a 'shuttle kayak' to take you the rest of the way. This will semm like heaven compared to the flight, where passenegers will be crammed in two to a seat.

Caporegime
I assume it will be like the 1p flights to Spain Ryanair do sometimes. The first 5 customers on specific routes at random times get it but everyone else pays the same as usual. They are just using it as an advertising method to compete against Zoom and the like who already do (or will be in the next year) cheap flights to the US.

Man of Honour
Amp34 said:
I assume it will be like the 1p flights to Spain Ryanair do sometimes. The first 5 customers on specific routes at random times get it but everyone else pays the same as usual. They are just using it as an advertising method to compete against Zoom and the like who already do (or will be in the next year) cheap flights to the US.
yeh, but even the none special ones should be very cheap under £100 including taxes, now that's what I'm talking about. I don't care if it's worse than a cattle transported, if it gets me to America for less than a ton, I'll be well happy.

Caporegime
AcidHell2 said:
yeh, but even the none special ones should be very cheap under £100 including taxes, now that's what I'm talking about. I don't care if it's worse than a cattle transported, if it gets me to America for less than a ton, I'll be well happy.

I reckon £50+ taxes and the tickets will probably be around £100-£130 (considering most flights to europe are around £30-£50). Zoom are also doing flights later this year from Gatwick to JFK from £129.

They won't be less than £100 inc unless you get there really early and go at a low time.

Soldato
Even if they get the prices to around 100pounds that would be a welcome!!
I regularly see the plane with about 50 passengers when I go back and fourth to the states so I should imagine as long as they get the passengers it should be 'do-able'

Man of Honour
Amp34 said:
I reckon £50+ taxes and the tickets will probably be around £100-£130 (considering most flights to europe are around £30-£50). Zoom are also doing flights later this year from Gatwick to JFK from £129.

They won't be less than £100 inc unless you get there really early and go at a low time.

even at £130 would be cool with m and I only travel at low times, save so much money. I akso don't mind fly in the middle of the night or what airport as long as it's cheap. Well ahve to qait and see, But it should me I can afford to go whatever.

Back
Top Bottom