700c Wheel Advice

Associate
I'm sorry for acting dumb but I need some help/advice please. I've got a Giant Defy 2015 road bike that needs a cheap new 700c rear wheel for the turbo trainer. I'm confused about what kind of wheel/cassette I need? The bike has an 8-speed cassette (SRAM PG 850 11-32) plus Shimano Claris groupset but the wheels I've been looking at (Shimano RS100) have a Shimano hub. Should I get a Shimano cassette or another SRAM cassette assuming it will fit on a Shimano hub?

Soldato
That wheel will work with the supplied 11 speed spacer on the hub before the 8 speed cassette.

Either cassette will fit on the Shimano hub. Shimano HG50 or the Sram one you listed.

You may need to widen your brakes a little as the rim might be a bit wider than your original wheel.

Associate
OP
That wheel will work with the supplied 11 speed spacer on the hub before the 8 speed cassette.

Either cassette will fit on the Shimano hub. Shimano HG50 or the Sram one you listed.

You may need to widen your brakes a little as the rim might be a bit wider than your original wheel.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom