750D alternatives?

Soldato
So the rabbit hole I've currently jumped into started with going for triple monitors. Now I have SLI and things are a bit too hot and noisy.

I have a Lian Li PC-8NWX Midi-Tower and it was great for being a quiet case, but not up to the job now.

I've been looking at a larger case that will allow me more airflow. The Corsair 750D will do that, the airflow edition anyway. I've noticed that it doesn't have a side fan and the GPU area is where the problem is. I'm not sure if that actually helps or not.

I'm looking for something of similar quality, I don't mind paying up to twice or maybe a bit more of the cost. I've all but ruled out watercooling and this new case is much cheaper in comparison to the money I was looking at for that.

I'm broadly aware of what I'm after for fans and I'm quite comfortable using the Asus software to set up very effective fan profiles.

I'm just after any other choices to the Corsair 750D case.

Associate
I've got the bigger case 900D and its excellent quality.

use the trusty search engine for "coldzero" the owner ricardo does a lot of awesome mods for corsair cases. It would be very easy for him to custom make a new Perspex side window with fan mounts. Be warned you might spend a lot money on his site. his "Mods" make cases look so crisp and clean.

Soldato
I've had a Corsair 500R for years now and it's done me very well. Has a big 200mm side fan, but can be swapped for a set of over & under 120mm or 140mm fans. The side panel even has a large protuberance to accomodate the fans and the back panel has a matching bulge for bulky cables.

Or just mod the 750D case window yourself and put an fan in. It's not that hard - I put a case window in mine with two side fans. You only need a 120mm hole saw and a bit of sense when it comes to drilling the fan mounting holes.

Associate
Just my 2p worth...

I've got a 750D, and was running 2x 290's in crossfire (not exactly the quietest or coolest of GFX card) and I never had any real issues with the case temperatures. Granted, I am watercooling the CPU, but I found the airflow in the case to be adequate to keep the 290's reasonably cool, without using a side fan.

I have the 2 fans in the front, pulling air in, and 2 in the top, pulling air in through the radiator, with the 140mm fan at the back working as the exhaust. The fans are all PWM'd, to keep the noise down too.

It gets a bit dusty (more an issue with the cleanliness of the area the case is kept in all honesty), but things are all cool.

Hope that helps.

Associate
I recommend the dark base pro 900 orange, comes with 3 silent wings 3 140 pwm fans. Can also add 6 additional 140mm fans, has great noise reducing vents all over the case. Premium quality.

Back
Top Bottom