750W Enough ??

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Currently in the middle of building a new rig.

Parts:

RYZEN 5 5600X
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
VIPER STEEL 64GB (2X32GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C18 3600MHZ
Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 m.2
WD SN750 1 TB NVME SSD m.2

2x SATA WD 8Tb Drives
RX 460 GPU (Will update to descent GPU in the future when stock is widely available)

As there is a shortage of PSU at the moment im thinking of getting the only PSU that is in stock which is a SEASONIC FOCUS GX 750W 80 PLUS GOLD FULLY MODULAR PSU.

Will this be enough for now and in the future?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
should be absolutely fine. For reference I'm running a 5800X + RTX 3080 off a 750w supply and had no issues.
Solid choice.

Thank you.
Im paying a premium for the 750W (£150) but its the only thing in stock at the moment. I've noticed retailers pushing their dates more back so no gurantee when things will get through.

Got to go with it unfortunelty as otherwise it could be weeks or months before I can finish my new build and by that time the return window on all the hardware I have bought will be closed (incase there are any faults).

Man of Honour
Thank you.
Im paying a premium for the 750W (£150) but its the only thing in stock at the moment. I've noticed retailers pushing their dates more back so no gurantee when things will get through.

Got to go with it unfortunelty as otherwise it could be weeks or months before I can finish my new build and by that time the return window on all the hardware I have bought will be closed (incase there are any faults).
Corsair rm back in stock tomorrow according to overclockers.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...lar-power-supply-cp-9020195-uk-ca-24s-cs.html

Or this which is made by seasonic and based on there psu.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-rog-strix-750w-80-plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-05c-as.html

Soldato
OP

There are some real horror stories over on the rain forest regarding that corsair.

Would have opted for the Asus but by the time you add on the delivery costs its only £10 cheaper than the Seasonic so might aswell pay the tenner and get the Seasonic.

Its a real shame no one has the Focus GX-850W in stock as thats normally around £130/140 and thats the one i initially wanted.

Associate
That looks really good and at a very reasonable price.
Think i'll cancell the Seasonic and go for the RM750X

yeah. the 750w is literally £10 more expensive than the 650w so that is why I went for it.
Make sure you get the " X " edition, it is supposed to be much higher quality components

Associate
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a similar question.

will a Corsair SF750 PSU be enough for the following:

Managed to get my hands on a Sapphire 6800xt Nitro (non se version)
ASU’s Crosshair viii impact
2x32gb gskill royals
Couple ssd
Custom water cooled

And a bit of minor overclocking.

Psu calculator shows it’s fine but the sapphire recommends 850w psu minimum

Caporegime
When AMD and Nvidia recommend a PSU they need to take into account cheap no name PSU's that can barely provide their stated wattage values for more than a few minutes at a time. Anything that's a decent brand or OEM will be fine.

Soldato
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a similar question.

will a Corsair SF750 PSU be enough for the following:

Managed to get my hands on a Sapphire 6800xt Nitro (non se version)
ASU’s Crosshair viii impact
2x32gb gskill royals
Couple ssd
Custom water cooled

And a bit of minor overclocking.

Psu calculator shows it’s fine but the sapphire recommends 850w psu minimum

Using a SF750w for custom loop, RTX 3090 @400w and 9900k at stock and its fine, no issues tripping. Solid PSU in all.

Back
Top Bottom