7700k strange cpu load

Associate
Hello guys,

I`m running a cpu heavy application and at 4.5ghz (45 x 100) my cpu load is 84%. When I OC to 5ghz (50 x 100), it then runs at 92% cpu load. How is that possible ?! I expected cpu load to drop when OC`d to 5ghz.

ASUS Prime Z270-A with latest BIOS, Windows 10.

Due to lack of experience of overclocking, I used LOAD 5G PROFILE in BIOS. At 4.5ghz and 84% load my temps are 75-81c, at 5ghz and 92% load 91-96c.

What I`m doing wrong? Would delid +LM help me drop my cpu load because of lower temps?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know why your load is increasing.
I would have expected your temperatures to rise even more considering you are overclocking and also your load has increased. Makes me wonder if you are actually overclocking.
I would be a little concerned about those temperatures since you actually do seem to place a very heavy load on the CPU during normal daily processing ( most people don't! ) and I would consider changing your cooler before you do anything. Deliding is inherently dangerous so that's a last option really.
CPU load is not directly affected by temperature so cooling it down won't help that, but running day in day out at 90 degrees is not a good idea.

Associate
OP
I`m overclocking, I have set multiplier to 50 in BIOS and it then shows 5ghz in BIOS and Windows as well. I have already changed cooler to something better:
https://www.silentiumpc.com/products/spartan-3-pro-he1024-2/

Liquid metal is coming tomorrow, I will then delid. But temps are not my main concern at this current moment, I`m trying to figure out why there is this strange behavior with cpu load.

Back
Top Bottom