• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800x3d

Associate
Hi All,

I'm trying to fight the upgrade urge, Current have a x570 board with a 5900x I got on release and 3080. I'm planning on keeping the 3080 until the new 5000 Nvidia series is announced.

My thought process is to upgrade now to a 7800x3d with an x670e board (PCI Gen 5 for GPU and M.2)and 32gb 30cl 6000 mhz memory and then get the gpu later, not sure if this is a good idea or just the upgrade urge kicking in. Has anyone gone down the same path and seen any improvement in gaming performance?

Resolution is currently 1440p Ultra wide.

i'm in the same boat with more or less same hardware class. I'll be waiting till the X3D chips land. By then the 8xx motherboards should be out, and if they don't offer anything better than the older x/b/650/670 series, i'll get the older boards which should come down in price and a 99xx x3d chip

Hi All,

I'm trying to fight the upgrade urge, Current have a x570 board with a 5900x I got on release and 3080. I'm planning on keeping the 3080 until the new 5000 Nvidia series is announced.

My thought process is to upgrade now to a 7800x3d with an x670e board (PCI Gen 5 for GPU and M.2)and 32gb 30cl 6000 mhz memory and then get the gpu later, not sure if this is a good idea or just the upgrade urge kicking in. Has anyone gone down the same path and seen any improvement in gaming performance?

Resolution is currently 1440p Ultra wide.

I'm on an identical set-up pretty much but I play at 1440p standard. I'm doing this upgrade this weekend hopefully if nothing gets in the way.

Are there any specific games you play, I might own them and can do a before/after for you.

I was looking at the 7800X3D to replace my 5 7600 but after watching this ime not sure
eny thoughts im on a 4k monitor

I was looking at the 7800X3D to replace my 5 7600 but after watching this ime not sure
eny thoughts im on a 4k monitor
I definitely would not, unless you play a game that LOVES the 3D cache and desperately need more framerate consistency.

At least wait until the 9800X3D is released.

I'm on an identical set-up pretty much but I play at 1440p standard. I'm doing this upgrade this weekend hopefully if nothing gets in the way.

Are there any specific games you play, I might own them and can do a before/after for you.
Nice one, games I'm playing at the minute Cyberpunk, Hell divers, rogue trader, F1 24 and EAFC 24.

I'm trying to find a mate to buy my current setup to justify it. I don't think I'll ever hit the post limit for the market place on here.

Hi All,

I'm trying to fight the upgrade urge, Current have a x570 board with a 5900x I got on release and 3080
You’re best off waiting till you upgrade the gpu and then doing everything together as prices generally trend downward, the 5900X was launched around the same time as a 3080 so is quite a good match.

The only reason I’m considering an upgrade from my 5800X is because I have a 4090 which is around twice as fast as a 3080 so the 5800X can struggle a bit in some situations, that said it’s still ok for the most part.

In a simikar situation here on a 5900x and 3090. With slightly lackluster performance of the new AMD chips was thinking about droppig a 5800 x3d in current system. Think that wait for 9800x3d is the best advice - then decide.

Back
Top Bottom