• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900 GTO - BIOS Flash

Associate
Hey I was just wondering what sort of incraese I would be able to get overclocking after flashing the Bios on my card? It would be good to see what other peopel have managed

Currently I have the memory running at 800MHz and the GPU at 685MHz. I was just wondering if the Bios flash will help or will I only be able i increase the OC a little?

Is it worth all the effort?

Caporegime
Rumour has it that the GTO bios has better memory timings than the GTX bios, and that flashing will get you higher clocks but not much in the way of performance. I haven't tried it out for myself yet though.

Welcome to the forums :)

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Rumour has it that the GTO bios has better memory timings than the GTX bios, and that flashing will get you higher clocks but not much in the way of performance. I haven't tried it out for myself yet though.

Welcome to the forums :)
most people who have done it and benched to compare results say the extra clocks gain by the GTX bios dont make up for the extra performance gained by the GTO bios, so unless you want to run the GTO in SLI with an original GTX then there is no point flashing.

Back
Top Bottom