• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GS

I was worried when I bought my AGP 7900GS a few months ago as I thought I remember hearing the 7900 cards were dodgy but a few mates have 7900GS and not had any problems :)

I've had mine since march and its done me good no problems whatsoever.
Currently clocking in at 555mhz core clock and 890mhz mem clock completely stable. Great card even though I'm looking to upgrade soon. :D

Cyber-Mav said:
the whole 79 series was effected. even the 7900gs i had died the same death that 79 series cards do. stay away from the 79 series if you can.
:eek: which make, i.e. EVGA, etc? & was it overclocked?

the whole 79 series was effected. even the 7900gs i had died the same death that 79 series cards do. stay away from the 79 series if you can.

I should really read up on products before buying them, so what is the problem exactly?

i have a 7900gs that does 635 core and 838 on mem but on stock cooler and volts.

was wondering has anyone rma a 7900gs, was interested to find out what they are sending out as replacements?

thanks

Nvidia didn't know what the problem was, they thought it was the memory, but still they were buggered after replacing that, so in the end the end they scrapped them and replaced them with the new 7950's as they were unable to fix them.

Back
Top Bottom