7900x AIO

Associate
I'm currently in the process of upgrading my whole system.
The last time I looked at AIOs was 2017 when I brought the Asetek 240mm 570LX turned out to be a great buy, never had any issues and does a great job.
That said its just a minefield of options now and I could really do with some advice.
I've just brought a Lian-Li 011D evo case so pretty much anything goes sizes wise, I've got a AMD 7900x and I know by design they run hot so I've been really looking at performance.

I've looked at Sapphire Nitro+ s360, Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H150i, msi meg coreliquid s360 and the Deep Cool LS720. They all seem to be up to the task, but does anyone have any hands on experience with them or any other recommendations?

Associate
OP
I'd be looking at either the Arctic liquid freezer and EK AIO in whatever radiator size you require.

All the ones you've listed are Asetek under different brands.
Ah ok, that would explain the similar results I've seen in the various reviews. The difference seems to be down to the brute force of the fans attached to it.

I'll check out the Arctic and EK aios

Associate
For 7000 series and high end Intel I would go Arctic 360 (silent pump, good included fans and thicker radiator), and as I believe the AM5 motherboard already includes a backplate, the potential conflict with the motherboard cutout and the backplate for Intel 12th series and some motherboards shouldn't be an issue for you.
If you want a bit of bling, the arctic offers RGB and A-RGB, but that is only for the fans. The CPU block doesn't have any RGB to it.
EK is also an option. Very robust. Depending on the motherboard the tubing can interfere with the first RAM slot, at least with some Intel motherboards. The Arctic doesn't, as the tubing connects to the block from the top, not the side.
As a D5 user for any custom loop, the high pitch (screaming) from Asetek-based AIOs is a no-go for me. Failure rate isn't something that I would worry about, as most decent brands will be quite reliable.
The only (possible) real issue with the Arctic and the EK is if you're really pick with fan noise, depending on how fast you have the fans spinning, the noise profile can be ok for you or not. That's a matter of personal taste. I found the EK to be louder than the P12 from Arctic, but with a good airflow, you shouldn't need to have the fans too fast. Fans can be replaced/upgraded, the annoying pump from most Asetek AIOs can't. The high pitch noise on Corsair Capellix H150i, for example, isn't louder than the fans, but you'll notice it, even when set to quiet mode.
Arctic and EK offer 6 years warranty.
Also, the EVO offer great airflow.
7 x P12 will set you back less than £42. When at 800ish rpm they're quiet yet moving more than enough air.

Associate
OP
For 7000 series and high end Intel I would go Arctic 360 (silent pump, good included fans and thicker radiator), and as I believe the AM5 motherboard already includes a backplate, the potential conflict with the motherboard cutout and the backplate for Intel 12th series and some motherboards shouldn't be an issue for you.
If you want a bit of bling, the arctic offers RGB and A-RGB, but that is only for the fans. The CPU block doesn't have any RGB to it.
EK is also an option. Very robust. Depending on the motherboard the tubing can interfere with the first RAM slot, at least with some Intel motherboards. The Arctic doesn't, as the tubing connects to the block from the top, not the side.
As a D5 user for any custom loop, the high pitch (screaming) from Asetek-based AIOs is a no-go for me. Failure rate isn't something that I would worry about, as most decent brands will be quite reliable.
The only (possible) real issue with the Arctic and the EK is if you're really pick with fan noise, depending on how fast you have the fans spinning, the noise profile can be ok for you or not. That's a matter of personal taste. I found the EK to be louder than the P12 from Arctic, but with a good airflow, you shouldn't need to have the fans too fast. Fans can be replaced/upgraded, the annoying pump from most Asetek AIOs can't. The high pitch noise on Corsair Capellix H150i, for example, isn't louder than the fans, but you'll notice it, even when set to quiet mode.
Arctic and EK offer 6 years warranty.
Also, the EVO offer great airflow.
7 x P12 will set you back less than £42. When at 800ish rpm they're quiet yet moving more than enough air.
Thank you for this.....
I nearly settled on the EK AIO and hadn't noticed the possible RAM slot issue.

I'm not overly bothered about RGB, it isn't my thing really so the Arctic 360 looks really promising. Having found some reviews on it I'm struggling to understand why it is so cheap v something like the H150i? Is this just a brand name "commanding" more money thing?
The 360 uses the amd backplate without using the awful "hooks" so another plus for the Arctic.

Associate
The fact that the tubing from the Arctic are connected to the top of the block helps with any clearance issues regarding RAM. The EK for example may require the block to be installed rotated depending on the motherboard.
The Arctic is priced fairly.
The 150i, tried 3 times. The fans get loud over 450-500rpm, and the pump present high pitch noise even when in quiet mode. Basically Corsair tax and RGB tax.

If you really want performance, the Arctic is spot on. Fans at 800-1000 rpm should be more than enough and without entering the range where they can show some humming. Even if the fans were to be replaced, the total cost would be similar to other AIOs, but would perform better. Let’s say you decide to splash in some Phanteks T30. 3 x £80. Considering the total cost of 180-190 pounds, I don’t see any AIO that would perform better at the same noise level.
But before even think about replacing the fans, I would suggest trying the ones supplied.
Just make sure you set a good range, like 40% up to 70C, 45% up to 75C, and so on.
The main reason people get annoyed with fans is the up and down of rpm which can be irritating.
Mine stays at 35% (EK Elite and loads of T30) up to 70C. Unless benchmarking something that hammers the CPU, I can’t hear anything.

Soldato
Arctic have a thicker radiator.

Just have to be careful it fits where you want it to go. Mine wont fit at the front due to my GPU. Okay put it in the top. However due to it being thicker it might not catch on the RAM but on my motherboard I cant get the fan to fit next to the VRM heatsink on the motherboard so had to fit that fan outside. I could do with finding a case that has enough clearance between motherboard tray and top of case to fit the 65mm radiator including a 140mm fan. Also got to take into account the CPU PCIE cables get in the way too whereas with a slimmer radiator dont. Depends on the motherboard too what type of VRM cooling it has.

I think some of the Phanteks ones look ok in the picture although could do with someone who has Arctic AIO 280mm fitted at the top to check what case they are using as knowing me I will order the case to find it still doesnt allow space.

Just to give you an idea with my 5800x3D it is idling at 33-36c and in games its around 56c fans on full and they are quieter than my case fans.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently in the process of upgrading my whole system.
The last time I looked at AIOs was 2017 when I brought the Asetek 240mm 570LX turned out to be a great buy, never had any issues and does a great job.
That said its just a minefield of options now and I could really do with some advice.
I've just brought a Lian-Li 011D evo case so pretty much anything goes sizes wise, I've got a AMD 7900x and I know by design they run hot so I've been really looking at performance.

I've looked at Sapphire Nitro+ s360, Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H150i, msi meg coreliquid s360 and the Deep Cool LS720. They all seem to be up to the task, but does anyone have any hands on experience with them or any other recommendations?
Watch this and it should help.

Associate
In the O11 EVO any AIO up to 360mm will fit. The EK Elite, which has push/pull, just touching the motherboard heatsibk, but not going over it, so any RAM should be good. The EK with push/pull, two fans are 50mm. Even the thicker radiator from Arctic won’t account for as much thickness as an extra fan. And the whole point of the Elite is to use the “spare” fans elsewhere or because of how good the black nickel mirrored block looks. No point using push/pull for any AIO, specially with the O11 EVO which have such great airflow, as long as you populate at least the side or the bottom fan areas.
If it was the Corsair 5000D, them I would be concerned, as at the top, the fans for the Arctic must be installed on the outside of the case.

Back
Top Bottom