• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 GT or 7900 GTO

Associate
OP
Which has the better actual stock performance though? As the 7950 GT is already avaliable at competitors.

OCUK's stock of the GTO seems to have been delayed =/

EDIT - heck, the Leadtek 7950 GT is avaliable on here for only a fiver more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I suspect the 7900GTO & 7950GT will probably be very similar in performance terms.

If youre after one of these cards to eventually go SLI later on, then i would choose the 7950GT, as the 7900GTO is a limited production run.

If youre only after an Nvidia card, of the two, i would simply choose the cheapest as performance wise there wont be much in it.

If you want the best value for money card in that sort of price range, though you would really have to buy the X1900XT. Even the 256MB version is quicker than the 7950GT (& assuredly the 7900GTO) .

Associate
I personally would go for the 7950 rather than the 7900 as there seem to have been some reliability issues with the 7900s which I assume have been sorted out in the 7950 series???

Go for the more popular models as I assume the driver updates are likely to be better supported on more popular cards rather than the less popular ones.

Jules

Back
Top Bottom