• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 or 670 ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 61728
  • Start date
Associate
I went through 2 msi 7950's and both had problems. Bad batch, but it put me off msi forever.

The 7950 is your cheapest option.

This. If you end up with a bad one then you can always send it back, it's just the inconvenience. But if you end up with a decent card, they're great from what I hear. I have the 7850 and I love it.

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

OP
Are AMD drivers really that bad when compared with Nvidia ?

Associate
I felt that tickle after switching to AMD from Nvidia. Nvidia drivers are better, yes.
But when it comes to the price-performance ratio; AMD is way better than them. And after a while you'll be better off with the AMD drivers. Not that much of worse.

Soldato
All i got to say on the driver front is amd 12.11 v nv 310. I know which driver set i would prefer.

You can compare the past but the past is not now and thats all that really matters. I personally think amd drivers have been on the up since they made the changes of one driver team and no more monthly releases. The past is the past and should stay there. If amd keep on rolling out good drivers then thats all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom