8 Pack OC Threadripper 1950x & i9 7900x bundles

Associate
I'm wanting to build a gaming PC that's also going to be my work station. I haven't bought a windows pc for 10 years as I've been using Mac's, but I'm wanting to get back into pc gaming as battlefield 4 and 1 doesn't have as many players on xbox. I'm also big fan of combat flight simulators like DCS World and also racing games. I was looking at the new iMac Pro but at £5600 I want to be able to game as well if I'm spending that type of money. I'm also going to play DCS world and iRacing in VR. I also want to play everything in the max settings.

Work wise I work run my own digital advertising agency and a few e-commerce sites. So I'm always using photoshop, multiple browser tabs for advertising accounts, editing videos that are under 1 minute in length for social media adverts and using adobe dreamweaver all at the same time.

The two bundles that I'm looking at are

1.ELITE TIER - INTEL CORE I9 7900X @ 4.80GHZ OVERCLOCKED ENTHUSIAST GAMING BUNDLE

2. ELITE TIER EXTREME ASUS ZENITH RYZEN OVERCLOCKED ULTIMATE BUNDLE 1950X @ 3.90GHZ

I'm leaning towards the 7900x with the higher clock speed for gaming, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out massively on my work side buy not going with 16 cores? Or is it a case of there's not going to be much difference between the two for my workload because I'm not doing seriously heavy duty tasks like rendering long videos?

I'm going with the 1080TI Rog Strix OC for the graphics card, but will upgrade straight away when the 2080TI comes out. I'll also be using this system with an Alienware AW3418DW 34in ultra widescreen monitor at 120Mhz.

Which bundle would you say is going to be best for my usage and will future proof me the most?

OcUK Staff
Intel bundle is the better option here or maybe even go for 12 core at 4.7 bundle, Call up for this as 12 Core 4.7ghz matches multi core performance of 1950X as well as having high clock speed for gaming..... I just tested this exact spec vs 1950 OC for rendering etc....

Associate
OP
I've decided to wait a couple of months for the new threadripper 2050x to see what that's like, and hopefully the new 1180ti cards too. I kinda figured given the money I'm going to be spending I might as well wait a few more weeks and get the latest stuff coming out this year.

Soldato
I've decided to wait a couple of months for the new threadripper 2050x to see what that's like, and hopefully the new 1180ti cards too. I kinda figured given the money I'm going to be spending I might as well wait a few more weeks and get the latest stuff coming out this year.

Couple , you'll be looking last few weeks of the year ;)
As for the next gen cards ... Yeah seems like that call is up to AIB which is interesting .
Would personally either get 1st gen threadripper and then jump to 4th Gen, or wait to 3rd Gen Zen2 is out end of next year . Boards won't change like they did for x470 which I find a shame

Associate
1180 may be soon'ish although this is all speculation at this point. The 1180 ti will be a significant amount of time after that. There is always something around the corner, obviously your money but if you can find a system that meets your needs now i would go for it.

Back
Top Bottom