• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8086K upgrade

Associate
I would like to get a new MB/CPU. Main use would be VR Il-2 and DCS. No preference intel/AMD so what would be best for single core performance (thats what Il-2 needs) for about £400 ish?

Soldato
Is your 8086K at stock? What are the issues that you have with Il-2 etc why you think a CPU upgrade will fix it, i.e. what are you FPS/Minimums etc. What GPU do you have?

You need to supply much more info...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I run it at 5Ghz and I have a 3090. My motherboard is 3 years old and things have moved on. I am not having issues but I would like more performance. I have 4x8Gig 3200hz ram
PS I like building computers.

Soldato
Depends on resolution you play at, if you play at 4k there will be little gains to be had from upgrading your platform i feel. 1080p and 1440p will see some gains though.

Associate
OP
I run a Reverb G2 and I will do some more research. Il-2 seems to CPU limited, and the top benchmarks for the test are mainly Ryzens. I havnt seen anything for the 12th gen intels yet. As I say I dont need a new MB/CPU but would like a bit more performance.

Soldato
I'd wait until Q1 '22 when the 3D Vcache Ryzen parts are out, so you can compare them with 12th Gen Intel. Plus any issues with 12 Gen Intel should be well documented by then.

Associate
OP
It seems a bit odd that in the time that has passed since it was released that CPU performance hasnt progressed much. I know Il-2 is built on quite an old engine and it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom