£814 bill for my student house!

Soldato
OP
I'm about to get the same from the company that rented my last place.
Of which they have stated that curtains need cleaning, this is funny because the curtains needed replacing when we moved in, we bagged them up and stored them and used our own. We put the old ones back up (in exactly the same condition as when moving in) when we moved out. The closing inventory has these are in need of replacing and the letting agents are expecting us to pay :D
No bloody chance :D

General cleaning (if its an acceptable bill) and damage to a door (bloody hammer hit it when we were destroying a wardrobe on the day we moved out!!) is all that we will be paying for.

Funny that our leaving inventory has comments like 'marked wall no longer marked' and 'previously splashed walls now clean'. Wonder if we can charge them for making it look better than when we moved in hehe

For the wardrobe and lampshade I listed earlier, I may try and get that lifted too.

No chance we'll pay £50 for a lampshade (which is in the wardrobe, and looks like a £2 Ikea jobby + a lightbulb) and sorting out a wardrobe sliding door. To be honest the sliding door should be classed as wear and tear anyway.

Back
Top Bottom