8700K delidding tool

Associate
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but is anyone willing to let me borrow their delidding tool for my 8700K? Preferably around Staffordshire area, I can come pick up and return after I'm done. Would be awesome!

If I'm breaking any of the rules, please do delete this thread.

Thanks,
Sean.

Caporegime
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but is anyone willing to let me borrow their delidding tool for my 8700K? Preferably around Staffordshire area, I can come pick up and return after I'm done. Would be awesome!

If I'm breaking any of the rules, please do delete this thread.

Thanks,
Sean.

Also might be worth asking OcUK if they can provide this service for some £££. Worth a go if you're not too far from them :)

Soldato
buy one (not massively expensive) or make one. You will likely not find one available to borrow unless your extremely lucky.

Doesn't take much to delid it though. I made my own tool for my old X299 (7900x). And my 8700k.

Could probably do it with a few bits of wood/metal/lego and a bolt to be honest :p.

Associate
buy one (not massively expensive) or make one. You will likely not find one available to borrow unless your extremely lucky.

Doesn't take much to delid it though. I made my own tool for my old X299 (7900x). And my 8700k.

Could probably do it with a few bits of wood/metal/lego and a bolt to be honest :p.
You have bigger cojones than me to make your own delidding device for a £900 chip!

Soldato
You have bigger cojones than me to make your own delidding device for a £900 chip!

Worked like a charm too :p :D.

Plus cost me a total of £0.0p :p.

If your interested this is it. Not in its finished form here though. Has been polished and the top screws have been changed for countersunk ones. Not perfect but i only had a few hours to get it finished. Ali plate on the bottom was all i had spare at work hense the overhang. Will rectify it if i ever get some spare material/time.

5930k is in it for size. Although will fit any intel chip as i made some side shims for my 8700k.

QNdJRyjl.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a pretty crappy move.

I have a large custom watercooling loop at the 7900X I have still gets up to 60C.
I'm betting in the future with 8c/16t chips Intel will be back to the solder, still it's a crappy move from them and I hope AMD can overtake Intel. (One can hope) When you have people spending £350+ on chips they deserve at least the best thermals.

Back
Top Bottom