• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800 gts Vsync problems

Associate
Hey guys,

I force V sync on and in most games i still have screen tearing, I am playing at 60hz 1680x1050 native to the monitor.

the only game it appears to work on is Pro Evo 6 which is frame limited to 60fps.

I have enabled triple buffering and forced vsync on and off but cant seem to understand what is happening.

Any ideas and help are really appreciated

Associate
Hi mate.

Just a thought, but why not try just setting V-Sync in the games themselves and forcing it in the games that don't have the option, like Pro Evo? Thats what i do with my GTS at the same res and have not had a single problem.

Soldato
Are you running Vista or XP

The only way you can force Vsync in Vista is if the application will let you enable it. Only OpenGL can be forced on or off through the control panel.

I really hope MS patch this up somehow as i get horrible tearing in BF2142 where you cant select Vsync :mad:

Back
Top Bottom