• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800GTX questions

Associate
Hi!

My Hiper 580W and BFG GF8800GTX OC came today :D I liked the idea of modular PSUs but I had to attach all the leads that came with the PSU for all my stuff! Kinda kills the point of modular lol. It came in a nice toolbox case and I like it :) The fan stays on after turning off for a few minutes to prevent heat buildup inside the case which is nice except my P180 keeps the PSU seperate so that doesnt have any effect on my rig

After spending hours rewiring my P180 I booted it and it worked fine :) Thinking of reverting back to XP because of the Vista drivers for G80, anyone think I shouldn't do that? :confused:

I noticed that the 8800GTX I got blows air into the case and not out the back even though theres a slot! Id say about 90% of the air stays inside the case and makes me need to speed up case fans! Anyone tried ducting the heat out spare pci slots? :confused:

Thanks

Associate
OP
yeah, all the air escapes through the 5 holes before the pci slot exit :confused:

I actually thought the fan wasn't working right or something because I felt no air lol :D but I can feel it all through the 5 holes on the card heatsink beside the picture on the sticker :rolleyes:

Permabanned
yeah when i bought my Hiper Type-R 580w this time last year,

i was very impressed with the quality of the item, its nice box.
and the wieght, you know its not a cheapy. i have no no problems what so ever with it.

its very quiet, and looks sweet, only thing is i lost of the cables on the back to have a extra power thing to use inside, i can get away without it, but i wish i didnt loose it. i need to find out where to buy another lead. :(

Associate
OP
Anyone know disadvantages (except using 4 molex connectors up) of using my Seasonic S12 430W for 8800GTX? It runs fine. The Hiper I got is really noisy :eek: sounds like a hoover as everything else is silent parts :(

Associate
OP
Combat squirrel said:
went for the 650/2000 clock, -seems- fine, runnin ATI tool, no errors yet :)

EDIT: that gave me 9767 3dmark 06, so no massive gains for a 50mhz core increase

Well you gonna try for higher? ;)

I tried the 650/2000 you said and it works fine during the 5 minute test I did with ATI tool :cool:

Soldato
Graeme43 said:
Well you gonna try for higher? ;)

I tried the 650/2000 you said and it works fine during the 5 minute test I did with ATI tool :cool:

Possibly try higher, I want to find a data base of 8800GTX overclocks to get an idea of what and what cannot be done realistically, infact i think ill make one now on OCUK :cool:

Back
Top Bottom