8PACK Launches his NEW £10,000 Gaming Machine - The Polaris MK2

OcUK Staff
I clearly don't understand people this must be my problem. I'm not even going to check what it costs to build the same machine off the shelf.

That's the point of the build, it's not an off the shelf build, all of the internals of the case have been removed and replaced with custom CNC parts. This is why the system has the price tag that has.

Man of Honour
That's the point of the build, it's not an off the shelf build, all of the internals of the case have been removed and replaced with custom CNC parts. This is why the system has the price tag that has.

I get that but my point was simply who pays 6k over odds for vanity?

OcUK Staff
Its really about having something that not many people have, like in the car modification scene, someone could just buy a standard car off a forecourt, or they could chose to pay more for one that someone has taken time to modify. Sure it's not going to be to everyone's taste, but that's why we try to offer a custom service, so if there are parts that someone would like to be changed we can do that.

Soldato

The same sort of people who buy 15 room mansions when they're a bachelor or just living as a couple
The same sort of people who buy a Ferrari in the UK when speed limit is only 70mph and 20mph in most residential areas

Basically rich people who like to spend their money on expensive things because they have the money and don't care about value

I'd probably pay £10k for this too if I didn't know how to build PC's, didn't overclock and didn't care about value because it looks amazing

Caporegime
Basically rich people who like to spend their money on expensive things because they have the money and don't care about value

plus.....credit ;)

A system like this could be justified to a mere mortal if they planned for it to last 7-8 years. Just a shame they don't already know that SLi is generally dog**** nowadays with nVidia barely paying it lip service!

OcUK Staff
mZJWFZ4.jpg

If I'm paying £10k I expect better, even if front panel headers aren't the most easy to sleeve
In production model we will sleave these. The team worked through the night and in total 36hrs straight to build this and getting a very good finish was the priority.

We sell many more 8Pack and infin8 systems than most on these forums would ever imagine. Without all the bling many high end businesses are buying this type of performance and beyond in reasonable quantity.

Soldato
In production model we will sleave these. The team worked through the night and in total 36hrs straight to build this and getting a very good finish was the priority.

We sell many more 8Pack and infin8 systems than most on these forums would ever imagine. Without all the bling many high end businesses are buying this type of performance and beyond in reasonable quantity.

I can believe that. There's a lot more money around than people realise, and those kind of customers are too busy making it to spend time poking around inside a PC.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff

If you think this build is £6k over the odds then you need to go back to school or at least tell me that you have a job where the well being of other people doesn't rely on your use of maths.

These systems exist because there are very few people in the world who can mod a system to this level and an even smaller number of people who can OC and tune the system to the level to which these are. The overlap is minute, maybe non-existent. Everybody in the world wants something which they can't create themselves, this is why we have craftsmen and engineers. You wouldn't expect a Rolls Royce to be sold for £30k because that's how much the parts cost, but there are plenty of people who buy them nonetheless.

Man of Honour
If you think this build is £6k over the odds then you need to go back to school or at least tell me that you have a job where the well being of other people doesn't rely on your use of maths.

These systems exist because there are very few people in the world who can mod a system to this level and an even smaller number of people who can OC and tune the system to the level to which these are. The overlap is minute, maybe non-existent. Everybody in the world wants something which they can't create themselves, this is why we have craftsmen and engineers. You wouldn't expect a Rolls Royce to be sold for £30k because that's how much the parts cost, but there are plenty of people who buy them nonetheless.

Reading what has already been written not your strong point? perhaps it is not only me that needs to go back to school?

I clearly don't understand people this must be my problem. I'm not even going to check what it costs to build the same machine off the shelf.

CPU, Board & the two 1080 Ti is near 3k already.

Ill just leave you with this, I used to look after a bunch of devs who would often get incredibly protective over their code almost to the point where to them what they had interpreted and written was more important than the clients needs and expectations, any criticism or requests to stick to the spec would be met with anger and distain. Protecting something that you have created and berating others who perhaps "don't get it" is perfectly natural and normal. Underhanded insults aimed at your user base suggesting perhaps that they are not smart enough to add up a few numbers or in fact claiming that the overlap of people who could create such a thing as "maybe non-existent" when there are perhaps hundreds of people in this very forum who are more than capable of taking a 7920x to 4.7 or in fact visiting a local engineers to mill some perspex. What you have done here is simply put yourself in the same category as those devs. If you read my comments you will note that I mentioned that the craftsmanship was impressive early on and I stick by that but good value for money? I think you already know the answer to that and I guess you could apply the same logic to a Roller, great car but value for money?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom