9 pin joystick to usb adapter

Associate
I will not use more than I USB port so a multi port device is needed. My PC is an enormous hassle to get out from under the table because I have to climb under the desk, reach around a large column, disconnect all the wires and then get out from under the table before I can pull it out. Then repeat that in reverse after putting it back. It's a similar process to access the rear connections to plug anything in except for not removing all the cables. That is just too big a hassle which is why I will not do it for a USB joystick adapter. It's just not an option for me. A hub would most likely increase the latency.

I have sent a message to Retro Lemon about the one which I thought was German, the domain shown on eBay is .de but I believe that it is actually Polish. I have asked a couple of questions. I did already send a message to the one on eBay some time back which has a fixed USB cable and he told me that the fixed cable was to reduce latency which I do not believe because I believe that it is just to cut costs IMO. That is a major issue for me because I avoid products with fixed cables at all costs. The latency on that one might be very low but that fixed cable is just too high a price.

Soldato
OP
I will not use more than I USB port so a multi port device is needed. My PC is an enormous hassle to get out from under the table because I have to climb under the desk, reach around a large column, disconnect all the wires and then get out from under the table before I can pull it out. Then repeat that in reverse after putting it back. It's a similar process to access the rear connections to plug anything in except for not removing all the cables. That is just too big a hassle which is why I will not do it for a USB joystick adapter. It's just not an option for me. A hub would most likely increase the latency.

I have sent a message to Retro Lemon about the one which I thought was German, the domain shown on eBay is .de but I believe that it is actually Polish. I have asked a couple of questions. I did already send a message to the one on eBay some time back which has a fixed USB cable and he told me that the fixed cable was to reduce latency which I do not believe because I believe that it is just to cut costs IMO. That is a major issue for me because I avoid products with fixed cables at all costs. The latency on that one might be very low but that fixed cable is just too high a price.
You do know that once an adapter is plugged it, the extension then goes to the 9 pin part so you can have it on your desk or somewhere near (not under desk, behind column or anything) At least it is with the monster joysticks one

Associate
Yes, I have done a similar thing in the past and it was a real PIA trying to stop the cable falling behind my PC when it was not connected to anything. Trying to keep a cable tethered with something on top of a cable to prevent it falling down. I loath crawling under the desk trying to reach stuff behind or worse if it falls to the left of my PC which it usually does because I cannot get to it that side without trying to fish stuff across.

Soldato
One of the things I'm thinking of doing is modding the joystick that comes with the C64 Mini, removing the stick and switches, and adding a 9pin Joystick socket on the side, wired onto the board. This is an easy way to get a fully functioning USB 9 pin joystick adapter that also has the advantage of having extra buttons for menus on a separate base.

The stick itself is pretty poor, compared to the Microswitched version that came with the Maxi, and I don't use it so it's no loss to convert it.

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom