£900 new build for PUBG

Soldato
Would my current power supply (Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850W '80 Plus Bronze') and case (Corsair Carbide 330R) support a build like this?

Obviously GPU would be a bottleneck, but going to upgrade old technology (CPU socket) first and then keep an eye out for a new GPU on MM?

Also, i'm completely out of the loop, how do the Ryzen 5 CPUs overclock under the standard cooler? Or are they fast enough to leave as is until things ask for more power?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £474.91 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Total: £522.41 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Slightly more due to Ryzen 1600 which is worth it .
Also extra £20 for 500gb , so £20 for 250gb... Well worth it and you'd be hard pressed unless you know what your looking for to see the difference .
Also, ATX board since your case is ATX , if my googling is correct

Soldato
OP

Slightly more due to Ryzen 1600 which is worth it .
Also extra £20 for 500gb , so £20 for 250gb... Well worth it and you'd be hard pressed unless you know what your looking for to see the difference .
Also, ATX board since your case is ATX , if my googling is correct

Cheers mate, looks great.

I'm so behind the times, what is the major difference between M2 SSD and 2.5"? Is it just speed? I'm leaning toward the M2 for the simple fact that they look cooler and it's one less cable in the case haha :p

And does the power supply have enough grunt to run this?

Associate
A system like this would be fine on 400w, 550w for extra headroom. Anything above that would be for the really high end gpus.

M.2 is definately faster but vs a higher capacity SSD, I would take the SSD as double the storage for only £20 more means one or two more games can be played from it.

Soldato
On paper is a lot lot faster , installing windows it's about 5 mins quicker , loading games , average 5-30 seconds quicker .
Run benchmarks and it does cut the times of loading a bit . But most people game .
I wouldn't bother with NVMe at current prices and games hitting 75gb space !

Soldato
OP
A system like this would be fine on 400w, 550w for extra headroom. Anything above that would be for the really high end gpus.

M.2 is definately faster but vs a higher capacity SSD, I would take the SSD as double the storage for only £20 more means one or two more games can be played from it.

Is my PSU 850w? Or is that not a genuine number if you know what I mean?

Caporegime
for pubg i have numerous pcs (too many :p) and also on benchmarks to get the best out of it you want a ssd 16gb of ram and inte cpu and nvidia card.nvidia are working with pubg and every benchmark shows intel cpu ahead.

Soldato
OP
for pubg i have numerous pcs (too many :p) and also on benchmarks to get the best out of it you want a ssd 16gb of ram and inte cpu and nvidia card.nvidia are working with pubg and every benchmark shows intel cpu ahead.

I only really need it running on medium/high at 1080p and 60fps will do me fine. I'm too rubbish at the game to warrant throwing any real money at it haha!

Soldato
I'd get another credit card and drop 2 grand on a new PC before I play PUBG on Xbox :p

I usually get money for Christmas, so I will probably buy it to check out ha, I’d rather pay £25 for a sluggish console port than than £500 plus for a computer to play it even after its full release that’s soon, If my Lenovo could support a 1050ti I’d buy it, but that’s about it, but in fairness other than the more realistic military theme and vehicles, fortnite is just as good and free, I have it on Xbox and love it, so finding it hard to actually want PUBG though lol

Back
Top Bottom