913n return

Associate
hi quick question not really happy with the samsung 913 n and would like ti hand it back was thinking about swapping it for a Philips 200W6CS would i notice a difference [used to a 22 crt] and can someone help as to returning stuff after purchasing it from the net ie 7 days to return if not happy

Soldato
as long as you cabn return it to them in perfect condition (including all packaging) then you should be ok.

If there's nothing wrong with it you'll have to pay for the return delivery and possibly restocking fee.

Permabanned
You can return things within 7 days if not happy. Make sure the TFT is packed as bought, all cables etc in original bags and ties. Don't mark the box at all. You will have to pay postage costs and a re-stocking fee. Check to see how much that is.

Soldato
You also have to get permission from the retailer and an RMA number before returning it, don't just stick it in the post without doing that. Read up on distance selling regulations. Also it only applies if you bought the TFT online, not if you went into the store. You will have to pay the return postage and you won't get your original postage refunded.

Best thing is to use the webnote system, say you are cancelling the contract to buy the monitor, that it's in re-saleable condition, and ask for an RMA number. It's not exactly a straight forward process though - I think it's fair to say most retailers don't like the new law and some will resist, and you may need to be very specific about your rights.

It's a real shame none of us can see any of these monitors in the flesh and working before buying them, that's the real cause of the problem. Nowhere has a good selection on display though, not even major high street retailers, whose stock is usually years out of date.

Also I think all LCDs have some backlight leakage. If you trawled this forum for long enough you could probably find a quote for every monitor saying it had backlight leakage, and you could also find a quote by someone else saying the same monitor had no leakage. Just like with ghosting how some people will swear there's none on their 25 ms screens and others can see ghosting on their 2 ms screens. It all depends how picky you are, how good your eyes are, how forgiving and demanding you are etc...

So you can't see TFTs in the flesh and you can't absolutely rely on other peoples opinions or even reviews, which reduces buying a monitor to a bit of a lottery :rolleyes:

Soldato
THE DOC said:
hi quick question not really happy with the samsung 913 n and would like ti hand it back was thinking about swapping it for a Philips 200W6CS would i notice a difference [used to a 22 crt] and can someone help as to returning stuff after purchasing it from the net ie 7 days to return if not happy

What seems to be wrong with it mate?

Associate
Yes, you have 7 days after the first day of delivery to notify the supplier and you can return for any reason, you don't even have to give a reason. You have to pay the cost of return and as others say, it must be as new with all packing, but you do not have to pay a restocking fee and that is the law. Suppliers displaying a restocking fee notice on their website for a returned item under the 7 day distance selling regs. are treading a very thin line and it would not hold up in the small claims court.

Associate
OP
Sorry guys never explained my self earlier i find its too bright compared to my old diamond plus 230 22crt in games ie fear and call of duty 2 its way too grey and im used to playing at a higher res i realize it takes time to get used to it but i was hoping for more from this screen any ideas for something else out there

UFX

UFX

Associate
Try Changing the gamma to mode 3 in the on screen display, most find that default is to bright but this makes thing 100% better.

Back
Top Bottom