£924 WATER BILL

Associate
We had something similar in our last flat, £600 of it was due to the waste water charge as it was set before the building was turned into flats. I hope that's not the case for you too.

Soldato
2 showers a day?. I have a shower every day but not 2 a day

In the summer, on the weekend's, I tend to take 5-6 showers

I do however have a very warm bedroom and I get very aggitated with British heat

Take me away to a different country and I am fine, purely because they have the sea, pool's and air conditioned bars/rooms.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have just recived a letter from my water company saying I owe them £924.63 :mad:

I have only lived at the flat for 6 months, and on average use about 2 showers per day, and 3 loads of washing a week, and washing the dishes each night :eek:

and cant work out how it can cost so much, any help?

Speak to whoever provides your gas and electricity as a matter of urgency.

Soldato
I know I'm just adding to an already "too long about a stupid thing" thread but does anyone actually think the OP is actually serious about this?? :D

I mean he's clever enough to create an account and post a question and yet isnt clever enough to realise a £900 bill for water for 6 months simply isnt realistic and moreover asks on a computer forum instead of ringing the water company in question!?!?!?

Beats me why he'd bother to ask the question for the sake of it but hey, whatever floats your boat I guess!

:D

Man of Honour
Odd first post. However, on the asumption it's a genuine question...

Did you take a meter reading when you moved into the property? If not then you may have been charged for a long outstanding amount due to previous lack of readings.

Soldato
Similar happened to us once, we were sent a bill for the amount every flat in our block used for the previous month. Was actually pretty funny and to this day I don't understand how it managed to get to us :/

Permabanned
Are you on a meter or paying rates?

If its rates, you are stuffed tbh as you pay a set amount per month/year and can use as much water as you want. If you are on a meter, then generally you would pay a sum monthly (like Elec/Gas) and then on meter readings have your account adjusted accordingly.

900 is a lot for 6 months, however when we were on rates we paid just shy of 100 per month.. so I changed to a meter and we pay less.

Associate
OP
I know I'm just adding to an already "too long about a stupid thing" thread but does anyone actually think the OP is actually serious about this?? :D

I mean he's clever enough to create an account and post a question and yet isnt clever enough to realise a £900 bill for water for 6 months simply isnt realistic and moreover asks on a computer forum instead of ringing the water company in question!?!?!?

Beats me why he'd bother to ask the question for the sake of it but hey, whatever floats your boat I guess!

:D

its not a joke question, i searched google for help this website had a couple people asking on here about waterbills so fort I would try, and I have a feeling it could be a muck up as I was talking to our upstairs neighbours in the flat and they had £4,400 pound bill for just over 2 years and they phoned and it was for the old owers of the flat.

Soldato
In the summer, on the weekend's, I tend to take 5-6 showers

I do however have a very warm bedroom and I get very aggitated with British heat

Take me away to a different country and I am fine, purely because they have the sea, pool's and air conditioned bars/rooms.

You seriously have 6 showers a day? More to the point, in the summer on weekends you stay in your very hot bedroom, presumably leaving only to shower?

Associate
We had a £4000 one thanks to leak which is still in dispute two years later. Good luck!

I feel your pain. We have a £2000 one after a dodgy float in a toilet cistern meant that a constant trickle went through the overflow, which drained straight into the drainage pipes. No one knew anything about it until the bill came. Both United Utilities and the landlord are giving us the 'not my fault' routine.

Soldato
You seriously have 6 showers a day? More to the point, in the summer on weekends you stay in your very hot bedroom, presumably leaving only to shower?

No not always, some weekends I am out with friends, however my office is in my bedroom, and with work, I do one week on call, one week off, so unfortunately sometimes on the weekend I am working :(

I do get an extra £4k a year though for on call. And it only usually lasts from 8am - 3pm on the weekend days.

Back
Top Bottom