• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

930 overclock...cheap 4gig CPU!

Associate
A day after I bought the 805 last week, OcUK put the 930 on special, so I couldn't resist getting one.....hope there's a market for unused 805s on Ebay ;)

Now I'm back on water, I've quite easily got my 930 running at 3.99GHz (266 x 15) 1.3875 vcore with DDR2 800 running stock on my P5WD2 Premium. CPU temps are about 36 at idle (less than mob) and 51 max at load (both cores) using an old Hydrocool 200, so I still have room to go further. Chipset temps run from 36 to 41, seem more dependant on ambient changes than loading

I am a little dissapointed at benchmark results....not as great an improvement as I expected. Presumably 3DMark03 (12900) is limited by my X1800 XT graphics, but I only get a 2 second improvement over stock settings for Super pi (down to 31s) ?? When I run the 32M calculation it finishes the first loop in 21s rather than the 27s of the stock setup.

Once I get a screen capture program downloaded (any suggestions?) I'll put up some screen shots.

So far it seems rock solid in Prime95 (did 14 hours yesterday, doing similar today on other core), but I'm I'm having problems going beyond 270 Hz so I will need to increase vcore...

....what would be the safest max voltage to use/try?

Soldato
AdeUK said:
So far it seems rock solid in Prime95 (did 14 hours yesterday, doing similar today on other core)

Wouldn't it be more beneficial running an instance of Prime on each core at the same time? Testing one core at a time would be far less stressful on the hardware.

Associate
OP
...Probably, if I could work out how to do it....the program won't allow me to run two instances....I have the same probelm with Spi. Presumably there is some simple way of doing this....

However, I play a lot of WorldWarII Online and played four hours yesterday on one core, with Prime running "torture" on the other with no problems....that's how I know the temps for Dual full load. Probably good enough test at this stage. I've also run loads of apps etc simultaneously but locked to separate cores.

So what do you think would be reasonably safe for a higher vcore?....

Associate
OP
Thanks Guru', that's helpfull....I presume it will run two instances then..

k3v said:
i wonder what the market value is for unused 805s... i could be interested in knowing what such a processor would sell for....

Doubt it will be much... :p

Maybe I should keep it in case I toast the 930 by sticking in 1.5v :D

k3v

k3v

Associate
AdeUK said:
Thanks Guru', that's helpfull....I presume it will run two instances then..

Doubt it will be much... :p

Maybe I should eep it in case I toast the 930 by sticking in 1.5v :D

ok.... but if you do decide to sell it let me know how much you would want for it.... wink

Back
Top Bottom