939 to i7 - key components only - advice please!

Associate
OP
I thinks its more in relation to future upgrades because if Intel remove the lower end i7 chips, the only option would be to buy the high end (hugely expensive) chips.

Which means do you buy i7 now and hold on to it for years to come and upgrade the main components again or do you hold fire and see how the i5 pans out?

I'm coming round to the conclusion that if you upgrade your computer once every 2-3 years then i7 is the way to go as it'll be more than capable to do whatever you throw at it!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well, i bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered the following gear:

- Intel Core i7 920 D0
- Titan TTC-NK85TZ Fenrir CPU Cooler
- Asus P6T
- OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz)
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 650W
- Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA-II 32MB
- Sony Optiarc AD-7241S 24x DVD±RW SATA-II Lightscribe Optical Drive

I built it at the weekend and have had no problems with it so far (booted first time :)) and I've got Windows 7 RC installed at the minute. The cables are tidy(ish) but since i've no window panel I just wanted to make sure that nothing was dangling and also to help improve air circulation!

Here are a few pics:

1left.jpg

2front.jpg

3right.jpg

4top.jpg

Really happy with it so far although I haven't done anthing too taxing yet!

Any comments/ recommendations/ critique would be appreciated.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments guys - its the Lian Li PC-V1000 Plus.

I've had it a while now and I can't see me changing anytime soon as it has plenty of room for what I need it for, plus it looks the part (even with the wheels :)).

I had a Lian Li PC6x/7x previous to this case and if I was to change my case i'd probably get another Lian Li as they are quality!

Can anyone confirm that I have my fans the right way round so the hot air is exhausting through the back?

Associate
Actually I think the rear noctua fan is the wrong way round.. it's blowing air into the case instead of exhausting it...

Btw nice build there ++ love the case :)

Back
Top Bottom