• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

939 X2

Permabanned
Killajaz said:
Your mobo is fine for overclocking the 165 :) I used the same board and it had no problems reaching 300HTT and beyond. Just make sure you have a recent bios and have 'floppy support' enabled in the bios.

which bios do u recommend ?

Associate
Managed to find X2 939's but for a 4600 i could get the asrock motherboard and a conroe processor for same price =/

are there any links to speed guides comparing them at all?

currently got an opty 146 @ 2.4 and iv heard such good things about conroe i wondered how much increase i'd actually see?

Permabanned
when looking or some benchies for the OPe 165 found this dumb ass forum , some people are just plain dumb !

HERE

Ok. Lets put it into perspective. i. You don't understand the differences between an Opteron and a standard x2 CPU, from what I can gather. Example, you are not aware of the cache/bus/pipeline based technology differences. ii. You don't seem to NEED the performance of an Opteron CPU. OC'ing hardware like this is: a) Somewhat pointless given the expense and nature of what these CPU's are designed for b) Plain stupid when your working with gear like this - Opteron CPU's are NOT for fooling with. They are serious hardware for serious tasks. c) Your games will not see a kick in performance of any noteworthy response d) Do you work with high-end graphics/audio/CAD/design-ware? Are you a render-whore? If not - steer clear of the Opteron. It's not a toy, my man. Get yourself an x2 4400+, for some real grunt under the hood, the way you intended. :)

Man of Honour
Aye, there is no difference whatsoever in the 939 versions, a (2.4 Ghz) Opteron 150 performs identically to a (2.4 Ghz) Athlon 64 4000+ (they are the same core as the 64/X2 equivalent). The 940 versions in those benches suffer a little cos of older architecture and use of ECC memory.

Soldato
Tetras said:
Aye, there is no difference whatsoever in the 939 versions, a (2.4 Ghz) Opteron 150 performs identically to a (2.4 Ghz) Athlon 64 4000+ (they are the same core as the 64/X2 equivalent). The 940 versions in those benches suffer a little cos of older architecture and use of ECC memory.
Maybe someone should register and show them the light and point them to XS. :D
HALLOWED ARE THE OPTERONS

Back
Top Bottom