£95 Million Euro Jackpot

Caporegime
Unfortunately we live in society obsessed by the money=happiness syndrome.

Anyone who wishes to make more money from such an obscene initial amount is just plain greedy.

In fact this whole thread reeks of greed.
Oh do be quiet.

You can do good things with money as well. I wouldn't spend all £95m on hookers.

Does money make you happy?
The silly notion of winning the lottery aside; money makes me feel secure, knowing that I can afford to live comfortably after meeting all my financial incumbents on a monthly basis.

That in turn lends itself to contributing towards my overall happiness.

Caporegime
I think I'd probably buy a copious quantity of garden gnomes for no particular reason.

When I got bored of them, I could leave them on people's doorsteps as gifts.
That would be awesome. Buy ~10,000 garden gnomes, and then drive around the country leaving them on people's doorsteps.

Associate

Yes. Money makes the world go round.

Whilst money isn't the root of all happiness, after all 'The best things in life are free', having money makes being happy a hell of a lot easier 99% of the time.

Having money means that if you are not happy, you can buy a holiday. Holiday = 2 weeks of happiness.

I'm not saying having money makes you happy, it just makes it easier for you to be happy.

Soldato

Or do you feel more money than you have would make you happier than you are?

If you could help secure the financial status of your whole family (current family and future generations to come), why wouldn't you be happy? Knowing that they would not have to struggle and could enjoy the finer things in life.

Knowing that if you turned that £95mill into a billion, that you could give £50mill to charity if you so wish... or towards setting up schemes to help people in need etc.

Nothing wrong with that.

uv

uv

Soldato
After my new house et al, I'd buy a building big enough for a 2000-man Lan, and make the entrance free.

Sort of like a charity, but for gamers :)

And I'd set up a school for under-privileged kids who can't afford computers so they can take lessons in computer sciences for free.

Basically give people the stuff I wish I'd had when I was younger :D

Associate
Money does make me happy. But not as happy as my family's wealth. The shocking reality is that you can be rich and happy.

Edit - wealth = health. Money on the brain in this thread!

Last edited:
Soldato
One of the things i'd do is fill a swimming pool up with poo. Then i'd hire people to take certain people and throw them in it. Then i'd get a fire hose hooked up to a tank of diarrhea to hose them down with once they get out of the poo.

Could probably make it into a TV show, like Takeshi's castle, only with poo.

Back
Top Bottom