• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9600KF Upgrade

Man of Honour
I had heard something was coming but didn't realise it was so soon, thank you.

If I'm looking at a budget upgrade to get me into DDR5 and AM5 is a cheap 7600X worth it these days? I'm assuming the 9000 series isn't going to be "cheap" on release.
The 7600x is a solid choice but doesn't come with the stock cooler the 7600 mite be wiser choice for a budget build.

DDR5 600OMHZ is what you should aim for, ideally c30 but not really that important.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had heard something was coming but didn't realise it was so soon, thank you.

If I'm looking at a budget upgrade to get me into DDR5 and AM5 is a cheap 7600X worth it these days? I'm assuming the 9000 series isn't going to be "cheap" on release.
Even if your not going with the new processors I would still wait until they are released and see if it brings down the costs

Soldato
OP
The 7600x is a solid choice but doesn't come with the stock cooler the 7600 mite be wiser choice for a budget build.

DDR5 600OMHZ is what you should aim for, ideally c30 but not really that important.
I have a 360mm AIO cooler so from that aspect I don't need to worry. I just want to get rid of my 9600KF as it bottlenecks my 7800XT in a few games now. I've also discovered an issue with some of my memory so it's pushed me to swapping to DDR5. It's a budget upgrade more so than a budget build.

Man of Honour
I have a 360mm AIO cooler so from that aspect I don't need to worry. I just want to get rid of my 9600KF as it bottlenecks my 7800XT in a few games now. I've also discovered an issue with some of my memory so it's pushed me to swapping to DDR5. It's a budget upgrade more so than a budget build.
You could recoup some money selling you old parts to ease the pain, and maybe go for the 9600x.
Apparently the new 9700x performs the same as the 7800x3d in games to give you a comparison but check independent reviews before you make your decision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom