• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

980ti HOF

Associate
Hi guys,

I received my Galax 980ti Hall Of Fame card a few weeks back and it's been great. Clocking in around the same on air as the g1, but far quieter (returned on with whine - still loud even when it wasn't whining)

However, I'm still curious as to what the button does on the back? All I can find on it is that it removes the power limit. I've pressed it and compared benchmarks, but there's little difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently using alongside a 4670k clocked at 4200Mhz, I'm getting a score of 4834.

Mem clock: 7560
Core clock: 1310 (+120) (Max boost around 1530)

Associate
OP
Oh ****, sorry. In Firestrike Ultra, with a graphics score of 4971, physics score of 8478, and combined score 2611. Obviously the overall is brought down a bit by my cpu.

Soldato
it switches over to the second bios, not sure if it comes with an unlocked bios or whether you have to install one yourself... on it's own it won't do anything to scores, you have to increase the clocks yourself along with possibly voltage

Associate
Hi guys,

I received my Galax 980ti Hall Of Fame card a few weeks back and it's been great. Clocking in around the same on air as the g1, but far quieter (returned on with whine - still loud even when it wasn't whining)

However, I'm still curious as to what the button does on the back? All I can find on it is that it removes the power limit. I've pressed it and compared benchmarks, but there's little difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently using alongside a 4670k clocked at 4200Mhz, I'm getting a score of 4834.

Mem clock: 7560
Core clock: 1310 (+120) (Max boost around 1530)

May I ask what your fan speed consistency and full load operating temps are like please?

Associate
OP
My temps are usually around 70C, I couldn't tell you the fan speed, but at a guess, 80%?

I guess that's good. Only ever had a dual bios switch on the actual pcb itself, so should allow for easy tweaking. Don't think I'll switch to custom bios though, unless I decide to watercool.

Associate
My temps are usually around 70C, I couldn't tell you the fan speed, but at a guess, 80%?

I guess that's good. Only ever had a dual bios switch on the actual pcb itself, so should allow for easy tweaking. Don't think I'll switch to custom bios though, unless I decide to watercool.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom