.999 SILVER

Associate
OP
That SSD is such an effective mod and the craftsmanship is amazing. Well done, I really do envy craftsmanship like this - as I cant do it lol

Dude I am so impressed with your saw skills, what type of blade is that you use? What sort of thickness can you cut comfortably?

Thanks lads,really appreciate the good words.I'm using No 3/0 or No 2/0 vallorbe glardon saw blades .The silver plate was 6mm tick and it was not so hard to cut with No 2/0.I never try something ticker than 10mm with this type of saw.The thing is,that the blades are very fragile and you should alow them to overheat,because they will break very easily.

Associate
OP
I'm in awe of your skills...

My vote is cast! your'e now in the lead :)

Wish I had the talent to be able to do stuff like this. Impressive.

Thanks for the votes and for the good words lads :)

So both ssd's are ready to go in the case.Here some photos of them

1_zpsetxo74a8.jpg

2_zpszyy3vtoi.jpg

3_zps9tdnf6gt.jpg

4_zpsezvbaqc6.jpg

5_zpsvjrqfw04.jpg

6_zps1seutuud.jpg

There is some more photos also from the HDD cage. I've made that one a bit shorter.Also I changed the black rivets with white ones

1_zpsyyp49y5i.jpg

2_zpsbw0px9ip.jpg

3_zpssio3cxjx.jpg

4_zpsfcwihsmk.jpg

5_zpsjvrnym5m.jpg

That's all for now :)

Associate
Ah dude the ssd plates are amazing the black lettering really sets it off great. Can you give me any tips on getting a good polished finish on aluminium (any trade secrets ;) )

Nice having the tape over the end of the rivet gun to protect the paint.

I hope I can get my warships anchor to look very polised when I finish the chamfering, we have some extremely fine polishing paper for the engine crankshaft might try that on a sample I have here at work. Is crocus cloth too fine?

Associate
I'm not the OP and have pathetic skills in comparison, but going from (relatively) course to fine wet and dry followed by an aluminium polish like Autosol always gave me a mirror shine, though it needed constant maintenance to keep it that way. From this point on I'd also love to know trade secrets for keeping aluminium mirror shiny!

Associate
OP
Ah dude the ssd plates are amazing the black lettering really sets it off great. Can you give me any tips on getting a good polished finish on aluminium (any trade secrets ;) )

Nice having the tape over the end of the rivet gun to protect the paint.

I hope I can get my warships anchor to look very polised when I finish the chamfering, we have some extremely fine polishing paper for the engine crankshaft might try that on a sample I have here at work. Is crocus cloth too fine?

Those white rivets look excellent :)
I'm quite amazed at how smart the SSDs look. You are an expert at achieving a professional finish. :D

Thanks lads :)

Just sand paper won't do the job,you need polishing wheels,compound or better some set and something with high rpm (bench grinder or drill).I'm planning to buy a dual wheeled bench grinder so I can use it for polishing as well.You just need very good sanding first.

Associate
OP
I'm not the OP and have pathetic skills in comparison, but going from (relatively) course to fine wet and dry followed by an aluminium polish like Autosol always gave me a mirror shine, though it needed constant maintenance to keep it that way. From this point on I'd also love to know trade secrets for keeping aluminium mirror shiny!

A lot of sanding:D The thing is I don't really know how to keep it shine all the time:confused:

Associate
:eek: Mate, I . . I . . I actually don't know what to write, your saw skills are beyond belief, the detail of this build is unbelievable. This has just become my favourite thread on the whole site. Outstanding work, I can't wait to see future updates. SUBBED :D

Associate
OP
I hope you don't mind me posting this but I found a good site all about polishing and supplies. I went away and started polishing a piece of aluminium we had here in the engine room and I was kinda stuck as we have nothing higher than 200 grit but the brasso helped.

Anyway great site that even does polishing kits.

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/index.html

Of course not.That is very useful information:)

Associate
OP
Hi guys,

I've made some progress these days :) The side panel is almost done,I just need to cut the acrylic

1_zps0pg0c0ub.jpg

Lots of glue to clean after I removed the isolation from the panel

2_zpst7yt4hlr.jpg

So this is the current status of the case

3_zpsxdlwfrec.jpg

The tubing is almost done,but the problem is that I'm still missing few fittings and they are out of stock.The shop emailed me,that they expecting delivery end of this week :( So fingers crossed for that!

Back
Top Bottom