A case like dr zaber sentry?

Associate
Hey,

I don't know about the screw, but the only other similar case to the sentry i know which supports sfx-l is fractal design node 202. it's essentially just a bigger sentry and plastic.

Soldato
Associate
The original Dr Zaber Sentry supported SFX-L. I bought the 2.0 after struggling to find anything similar. Should hopefully arrive in a month or two :)

Have a look at this https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/modivio-xcase-customizable-console-style-case.2732/

HEy there ;)

did you get this case or still waiting?, wish i had seen these sooner, so will have to wait till they start production on a new batch, but would appreciate your thoughts when you get yours,

Soldato
HEy there ;)

did you get this case or still waiting?, wish i had seen these sooner, so will have to wait till they start production on a new batch, but would appreciate your thoughts when you get yours,

Still waiting bro. I hoped I’d have it by now but further delays at the shipping side.

When it arrives I’ll start a thread, take some photos and share any thoughts.

There are quite a few on the SFF forum asking about the possibility of ordering. Fingers crossed they’ll reopen the campaign shortly and you can grab one :)

Associate
Still waiting bro. I hoped I’d have it by now but further delays at the shipping side.

When it arrives I’ll start a thread, take some photos and share any thoughts.

There are quite a few on the SFF forum asking about the possibility of ordering. Fingers crossed they’ll reopen the campaign shortly and you can grab one :)
Thanks for that mate
Hope you get it soon
I’ve registered on SFF forum and that thread so keeping my ears open

have checked out a few SFF videos etc it’s def the way to go and have my eye on a Few cases including the modivio xcase as well, but it helps that all these cases being a Wife Friendly size ;) lol

Soldato
Thanks for that mate
Hope you get it soon
I’ve registered on SFF forum and that thread so keeping my ears open

have checked out a few SFF videos etc it’s def the way to go and have my eye on a Few cases including the modivio xcase as well, but it helps that all these cases being a Wife Friendly size ;) lol

Just got a text there from DHL, it’s being delivered this afternoon to my folks house :D

SFF is the way forward for sure mate, unless you’re setting up a server there’s no real need to have a larger board. May as well keep things as small and unobtrusive as possible and (most importantly) keep the Mrs happy :p

Associate
Just got a text there from DHL, it’s being delivered this afternoon to my folks house :D

SFF is the way forward for sure mate, unless you’re setting up a server there’s no real need to have a larger board. May as well keep things as small and unobtrusive as possible and (most importantly) keep the Mrs happy :p

:) lol indeed!

look forward to your review of it, and what your going to be sticking in it ?

just hope these become available soon

Soldato
:) lol indeed!

look forward to your review of it, and what your going to be sticking in it ?

just hope these become available soon

When I paid for the Sentry back in April this year I hoped the production schedule would be worst case scenario and it would arrive much sooner.

In my need to build something while waiting for it to arrive I’ve blown the budget I had on an Unraid server lol :rolleyes:

I have a Cryorig C7G waiting to go and an ID cooling pump I could use to build a custom AIO, so thinking either a 3700x or 3900x and a 2070 S.

A 9900k or non k would be nice too but hard to find a good deal on those and I fear if I decide to stick with air cooling the C7G will struggle. There’s the 9900t (35w) chip which I’m sure is perfect for this kind of thing but price is so close to the higher clocked 9900k it’s difficult to justify.

Associate
When I paid for the Sentry back in April this year I hoped the production schedule would be worst case scenario and it would arrive much sooner.

In my need to build something while waiting for it to arrive I’ve blown the budget I had on an Unraid server lol :rolleyes:

I have a Cryorig C7G waiting to go and an ID cooling pump I could use to build a custom AIO, so thinking either a 3700x or 3900x and a 2070 S.

A 9900k or non k would be nice too but hard to find a good deal on those and I fear if I decide to stick with air cooling the C7G will struggle. There’s the 9900t (35w) chip which I’m sure is perfect for this kind of thing but price is so close to the higher clocked 9900k it’s difficult to justify.

I havent built a PC in a while, like 10 years now lol, think my last one was an amd athlon!!..think since then Intel had stolen the show, but see the Ryzens in quite a lot of builts now,

I currently have a Alienware 15 r3 with a GTX 1060 6GB, its going to connect to an LG lg 34gk950f-b. think it might struggle especailly on full settings in game, hence why im gonna do one of these SSF builds, will a 2070 S give me a lot more connect to my LG or am i goin to need something like the 2080 /ti ?

Soldato
I havent built a PC in a while, like 10 years now lol, think my last one was an amd athlon!!..think since then Intel had stolen the show, but see the Ryzens in quite a lot of builts now,

I currently have a Alienware 15 r3 with a GTX 1060 6GB, its going to connect to an LG lg 34gk950f-b. think it might struggle especailly on full settings in game, hence why im gonna do one of these SSF builds, will a 2070 S give me a lot more connect to my LG or am i goin to need something like the 2080 /ti ?

The GTX 1080 I had was perfect for 3440x1440 60hz so yeah, the super should hold up pretty well with the monitor you have. You can compare the 2070 Super with the 1080ti.

I’m planning on connecting mine to a 4K tv so I’m relying on it being decent enough that I’ll not need to sacrifice too many settings :)

Associate
The GTX 1080 I had was perfect for 3440x1440 60hz so yeah, the super should hold up pretty well with the monitor you have. You can compare the 2070 Super with the 1080ti.

I’m planning on connecting mine to a 4K tv so I’m relying on it being decent enough that I’ll not need to sacrifice too many settings :)

Hi, did you get your Sentry case?
I was wondering how it looks like, performs etc.

Associate
Thought I would resurrect this thread,
I got a sentry clone In the end from China, and Although I haven’t built in it yet as waiting for next gen zen and Nvidia cards so I can transplant my current setup In my streacom DA2 into it, reviews are favourable so thought I would pass on what I do know and that is if there’s anyone who still wants an original sentry 2.0 they are re releasing later today I think only 250 units max 1 per person

http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/

Back
Top Bottom