A chilly night in Milan

Associate
Working in Milan this week so no excuse required for a bit of street photography, bloody chilly tonight though. Hoping for some snow tomorrow.

Processing is very mixed with no running theme as i'm on my laptop and will process them properly when i get back next week.

Comments welcome :)

Soldato
Love the vintage feel of these the processing is really nice my favorites are number 3, 4 and 15 something really Italian in the feel. Not a big fan of 11,12 and 18 I don't think they tell a story or fit with the rest of the set.

Associate
Love the vintage feel of these the processing is really nice my favorites are number 3, 4 and 15 something really Italian in the feel. Not a big fan of 11,12 and 18 I don't think they tell a story or fit with the rest of the set.

As above, 11,12,18 dont really jump out much, the others really show the atmosphere and the characteristics of the city.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the feedback.

11 and 18 yeah they are out of content, 12 i'll probably process again when home and get it in sync with rest. They were quite amused with me shooting them while they were taking pictures. They started larking around in the end for me which was great, i have more unprocessed one's of the lady leaping and giggling at me but massively underexposed and sadly not recoverable.

17 looked bored to tears with her other half while her sketch was being done until i popped up and got a real nice natural smile from her, very pleased. A smile from me as thanks and i was on my way.

All shot with 30mm 1.4 or 85mm 1.8, 800 iso, all the noise was added in post though.

Last edited:
Soldato
After the recent "Topless Model Shots" debacle, I'm very relieved this wasn't a series about a winters nocturnal sexual encounter with a Serbian homeless person called Milan.

Associate
They're a nice set.

Number 4 stands out for me, but if I was processing it, I would crop it slightly and so that the Rayban logo and the top of the central light weren't visible. If you've got Lightroom, there is a really nice composition if you use the Crop tool and lock the aspect ration, where you can place an intersection of thirds on the mans face (its the top left intersection) - I think it makes for a better picture.

Associate
OP
I like 6, 9 and 15, but 3 I would like to have seen in all colour all shapness glory!
Thanks, 3 was a bit of a fudge with the processing as it wasn't the most steady out of the camera. The colour version isn't as strong. Might try running it through PS CC and see is the antishake algorithm can recover it.

Number 5 looks good to me, especially if you crop off the bulk of the rafters at the top.
Good shout cheers, will put that on my to-do reprocessing list when i get back. Potential for a very compelling shot :)

After the recent "Topless Model Shots" debacle, I'm very relieved this wasn't a series about a winters nocturnal sexual encounter with a Serbian homeless person called Milan.
lol ;)

They're a nice set.

Number 4 stands out for me, but if I was processing it, I would crop it slightly and so that the Rayban logo and the top of the central light weren't visible. If you've got Lightroom, there is a really nice composition if you use the Crop tool and lock the aspect ration, where you can place an intersection of thirds on the mans face (its the top left intersection) - I think it makes for a better picture.
Interesting thanks, what i'll probably try to clone out the lighting first and see how the Rayban sits in the image. It's quite an prominent sign within the square so tempted to keep it but will try both :).

Snow tried yesterday and turned into rain (felt like Manchester lol). No luck today either so a snow free Milano, bit gutted as i'd of re-shot everything for the wintry look!

Cheers again for all the feedback, most welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom