A cooler for a FX9590

Associate
Hi all, would a H100i cool a FX9590 or would I be better to get a really good Air cooler? What is the Best Air cooler around which wouldn't throttle the CPU

Associate
As recommended by myself in another thread a H100i would be pretty good. That particular chip puts out a ton of heat similar to Intel's i7 socket 2011 CPUs (maybe even more so as it is clocked very high). The H100 has a fair amount of breathing room with its double 120mm fan radiator so you should be able to keep it on pretty quiet settings.

If your heart is set on an air cooler I'd go for a the biggest bit of metal you can find that gets good reviews that you can put multiple fans on. I'm no expert at air cooling any more as I took the plunge underwater may years ago but from advice from friends the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 gets a recommendation (although I feel its pricey for a non watercooled product).

hint hint: plug for the H100(i)

Soldato
Associate
Only problem with air cooling which I've had was when I had an 8350 in the case with my 290x as well. Under heavy loads the temps inside the case (from the 290x, directly underneath) meant that the cpu wasnt being cooled as efficiently. Got much better temps having my cpu cooled under water (using the OcUK fathom) with cold air from outside the case

Soldato
Only problem with air cooling which I've had was when I had an 8350 in the case with my 290x as well. Under heavy loads the temps inside the case (from the 290x, directly underneath) meant that the cpu wasnt being cooled as efficiently. Got much better temps having my cpu cooled under water (using the OcUK fathom) with cold air from outside the case

The OP does`nt have a 290x. And from experience, the 560ti is`nt going to cause much of a heat issue in relation to an air cooler. It also depends on your case and air circulation.

Soldato
What Idleman said. There are several others
Alpenfohn K2
Silver Arrow SB-E and SB-E Extreme
Akasa Venom Medusa
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Silverstone HE02
and many more. Much depends on case, PCI-E slot placement and RAM limitations.

Associate
OP
Sorry wasn't on yesterday- Boiler problems

Yes I will be using the K62 case. The CPU was a gift so just trying to find the correct solution to cool this badboy

All help & opinions are appreciated:D

Soldato
Often what is being built is not what is in sig. ;) Sig has 2 different cases listed and doesn't give enough info to know how tall RAM is.

K62 specs 160mm CPU clearance. CPU is 8mm above motherboard, RAM slot raises RAM 3mm.
This means 165mm combined fan and RAM height. 120mm front fan unless your RAM is 25mm or less.

Associate
Hi all, would a H100i cool a FX9590 or would I be better to get a really good Air cooler? What is the Best Air cooler around which wouldn't throttle the CPU

An h100i is better than any air cooler so you would be getting something... Worse? Of course the difference isn't dramatic, neither is the price difference.

At that point you consider all pros and cons and in my book the quality AIO always wins. (Looks, noise, etc)

To be fair - if you plan on overclocking the 9590, none of the above is really adequate.

My 9590 at 50/1.54v with turbo core off pulls a smidgen over 80c at which point throttling begins.

This is with an H100i, 2 extra fans in push/pull, a lapped chip, and liquid metal TIM.

These things put out ridiculous amounts of heat and handle less than their contemporaries due to difference in materials used.

A great chip for people not into overclocking, but not something you would buy to tweak on if you don't intend to use either extreme cooling (which isn't for me. Fun but not practical long term) or a high end custom loop (which is reserved for my main rig)

If I already replied to this thread - forgive me. Their is limited 9590 info out there and google likes to point me towards the same few :p

Associate
I've got a Corsair H105 cooling my FX8350, and although it's only running at 4.2ghz, it never reaches 40'c even at load. I'm running it in a Cooler Master Haf X case with an additional top mounted 200mm fan.

Back
Top Bottom