A few from Kenya (56k Torture)

Associate
OP
G.O.A.T said:
post the cutesy lion cub pics macx. ;)

Oi! Just show some patience! Just coz you've seen the big fat album! :D

Warning
I'll have to balance ANY cuteness with a dead Zebra being pulled open by a hungry Hyaena. ;) (And it will be done if there are no objections to dead animals)

Puz

Puz

Associate
This is my effort from the Masai Mara..

RayPhilson_NaturalWorld_cheetah.jpg

Associate
I'm quite lucky as my girlfriend’s father owns a lodge at a private game reserve in South Africa. Buying a decent camera + lenses is on my wish list but in the mean time I just have to make do with my compact and some binoculars held in front (luckily they are quite nice Swarovski binocs so the results aren't too bad)

Here's a pic from my last trip out there in December with a couple of big cats having a lovers tiff.

lions.jpg

Associate
OP
Hagel said:
OMG, thats some Christmas present and some girlfriend you have. Best you keep hold of the good lady and keep her sweet if she looks after you that well!! Trust you showed your appreciation of the holiday in some suitable manner. ;)

I'd post a picture of her all safari'd up but she'd kill me. ;)

Good on you Puz for posting the first kill. Mine will be arriving soon. Mwah Har Har! :D

BeaumonT - Good job with the kit you had available. It's a good attitude to have to just go for the shot whatever's in your hand. :)

Associate
OP
Bennah said:
I wouldnt mind taking one of them for a walk. Atleast all the Chav's on the street corners on a friday / saturday night will move right out of the way :p

When you going back?

I couldn't have that kind of cruelty inflicted on a big cat. Think of the indigestion or even the food poisoning if it ate one! :eek:

And if it's me you're asking, we plan a trip back end of this year. :D

Soldato
Yea, was asking when your gunner go back. I would be thrilled if the father-in-law had a pad in the middle of africa, so I could just relax and watch the wildlife. Better than a British winter anyways.

Associate
OP
A few more to tickle you. :)

Kenya-Mar06_090.jpg

Black Backed Jackal

Kenya-Mar06_098.jpg

A vulture for Colin_da_Killer to id for me as the book hasn't arrived yet! But this also means I'm getting closer to the dead animal collection. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bennah said:
Yea, was asking when your gunner go back. I would be thrilled if the father-in-law had a pad in the middle of africa, so I could just relax and watch the wildlife. Better than a British winter anyways.

Ah.. Hang on. That's BeaumonT with the father-in-law in Africa.

I was just a (ab)normal tourist in Kenya! :cool:

Associate
OP
dod said:
great shots, absolutely outstanding, in fact, have some stars :)

Thanks! My first ever! :)

Now you got me started and reminded me of that option I'll just start getting greedy and want more. :D

Puz

Puz

Associate
MacX said:
Good on you Puz for posting the first kill. Mine will be arriving soon. Mwah Har Har! :D

Thanks.

I remember a mad dash in a jeep and It all got a bit scary but the pic at the end was worth it.

Your pics are great. Keep it up. Would love to see more..

:)

Permabanned
MacX said:
http://www.aopd11.dsl.pipex.com/Gallery/Pictures/Kenya-Mar06_098.jpg
A vulture for Colin_da_Killer to id for me as the book hasn't arrived yet! But this also means I'm getting closer to the dead animal collection. :)

Looks like a lappet faced vulture to me. Could be wrong though as I don't really like em birds, they are very helpful though in finding where a kill has just been made or sometimes even when a hunt is on.

Back
Top Bottom