A few from the MrSix residence...

Soldato
CRW_3621.jpg

CRW_3624.jpg

CRW_3634.jpg

CRW_3627.jpg

CRW_3626.jpg

They were all treated to a wash today - I felt generous!

Soldato
I know you haven't been riding that bike long but, come on... take those stabilisers off! :p

All looking very nice and clean though. What did you use to wash/wax etc. them?

Soldato
OP
Andr3w said:
Wow looking really nice. That bike of yours,what specs does it have? 0-60/top speed etc?

It's a CBR400RR.
0-60 in around 4.5 seconds with a limited top speed of 118mph.

PMKeates said:
I know you haven't been riding that bike long but, come on... take those stabilisers off! :p

Har Har! ;)

All looking very nice and clean though. What did you use to wash/wax etc. them?

Megs NXT Shampoo, Autoglym Super resin polish, Megs NXT Wax.

The bimmer hasn't been waxed or polished, that's just the shampoo (it was FILTHY too!).

I had all the plastics off the bike last week to degrease and t-cut, polish and wax them, so they're nice and clean :)

Soldato
OP
That's just megs shampoo.

When I do a full clean (this was only a quicky) I use Turtlewax tyre dressing on all of the black bumpers, window rubbers and tyres (obviously!) to get it looking really, really shiny.

Permabanned
Andr3w said:
Nice memory :)

I remember weird things...

I know that a Lamborghini Espada can do 0-60 in a smidgen over 6 seconds...But the only birthday I can remember is my own :/

*n

[Edit - plus, I was reading up on these about 6 months ago as a friend was after one... :)]

Last edited:
Associate
I always had a soft spot for that model of the CBR400rr :D Unfortunately when I sat on one I didn't fit :( The bits of plastic that scoop cooler air under the tank towards the airbox got in the way of my knees so I ended up getting a ZXR400 instead. Only thing I did notice is it looks like you have a nice grippy BT090 on the front which is ideal for a 400 and a manky (sorry I hate them) BT020 on the rear. Granted on that bike you will get about 8000miles out of it but I wouldn't have an 020 on a bike like that myself. I had an 020 on my Busa and it was horrible, though I know tyre choice is very much personal preference.

They all look nice and clean though, should do mine really too.

Soldato
OP
Gixer said:
Only thing I did notice is it looks like you have a nice grippy BT090 on the front which is ideal for a 400 and a manky (sorry I hate them) BT020 on the rear. Granted on that bike you will get about 8000miles out of it but I wouldn't have an 020 on a bike like that myself. I had an 020 on my Busa and it was horrible, though I know tyre choice is very much personal preference.

I'll have to look at that, I thought it had 090's front and rear :o

Enfield said:
Nice crotch-rocket you got there mate. But what's with that mini exhaust inside that huge tailpipe?

Remove it. :p

Blueflame can is winging it's way up the country as we speak ;)

Back
Top Bottom