A few questions about the army etc

Soldato
I'd say to anybody just consider carefully what the Army expect people to train to do. I was in the OTC in Hugogo's unit (I left after 1.5 years just before he joined).

I left the OTC because I found that I'm not a leader, that and a few too many idiots in there at the time for my liking.

I've been on numerous regimental visits and some guys forget that they want people who are capable of killing. To some it seemed a big joke. It stops becoming a joke when you are on Sennybridge training area (South Wales) freezing your backside off on a 20k speed march...or bimble should I say in Army club :D

What I'm trying to say is that its a very hard school, the Army. They always had a saying, it pays to be a winner. And they teach you to do what they want you to do painfully. One of my most painful (and rewarding) memories is gettin through 5 hours with some guys from 29 Cdo RA on an assault course at HMS Raleigh....You soon find out how tough you are when it gets to the stage its beyond fitness.

Hugogo, if you remember Rick the old PSI he told the boys from 29 to give the Aber lot some stick, the bar steward :D

Associate
Wasnt around when rick was so noooo idea there but its a good laugh all the same.

And your definatly right about it having some painful times and some good times! Your right about those thinking its a bit of a joke at points but at the end of the day its a 'club' full of students what more do you expect :).

Back
Top Bottom