A few snaps I took today of the Antec P8 Case

Soldato
This case features tempered glass, a PSU shroud, 4 SSD trays, a 3.5" drive cage that supports two drives but it is hidden away, magnetic dust filters and 3 x white LED fans, 240mm and 360mm radiator support to boot as well.

DSC_7647 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7650 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7659 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7667 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7668 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7670 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7671 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7672 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7673 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7674 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7675 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7678 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7679 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7681 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7682 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7683 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7684 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7685 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7686 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7687 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7690 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7694 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7695 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7696 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7697 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7698 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_7699 by Lee Bryan, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
How many fans does the phankets come with?

EDIT: I've just watched a video of the P300, I think our case is bigger than the P300 and supports more hardware options. :) Both both are good looking products.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks good for it's price segment, will be going up against cases like the Thermaltake Core G21 which releases soon. Not a fan of visible SSD mounts though.

Associate
Well I'm thinking of getting the Phanteks 400s glass or maybe the nzxt s340. I want to replace my RV02-E with something smaller, just not sure how the thermals (air-cooling) will stack up against the Silverstone.

Soldato
I'm really digging this case. Looks good value for money. Liking what Antec are doing lately.

Still waiting for a manufacturer of both cases and PSUs to do something about the ATX standard PSUs which were designed for the top/rear of cases, and introduce a new ATX design which would allow the PSU to be positioned differently* along the bottom, and save space at the bottom, for more drive space. Maybe even a couple of optical bays (modular, so you can occupy the space with HDDs if preferred), on the side of the bottom, given the trend of placing mid-towers on top of desks which is likely to continue.

* At the rear-bottom but from side-to-side instead of rear-to-front, with the on/off switch and power plug connector on the side facing the rear, and the interior power cable connectors on the other side of the PSU, at one end, to allow drives to start being placed immediately beside the PSU (150mm in from the rear of case). Whoever designs a PSU like this will provide a lot more inside the same space, than their competitors. Starting from the rear, allowing 150mm for the width of the PSU, you can have the first drive cage (125mm or so I believe), and a second drive cage after that, in 400mm or so depth total. So room left over to play with depth-wise, in an ATX mid-tower, for front fans/rads (for thicker rads just don't use the second drive cage, which is still better than no drive cage at all if you use a really thick rad in mid-tower cases at present).

Another case feature I would love is instead of seeing the side of the PSU shroud through the window, just make the side part of the exterior of the case, with the window on top of the shroud. The side (that side) doesn't have to be removable. As long as there is access to the bottom from the other side and also by lifting the top of the shroud and removing it (and the window big enough to allow access when removed), there shouldn't be a problem and it would look a lot more elegant.

Yet another feature is modular I/O panels. I'm sure it will become the norm at some point. If you have the case on the floor, you want the I/O connectors on the top (or top part of the front). If you have the case on your desk you'd want the I/O connectors on the bottom part of the front panel, or even on the bottom part of the side, so the cables when connected look neater rather than spaghetti hanging from the top of the case.

Soldato
This case features tempered glass, a PSU shroud
Functionally PSU shroud is fully useless.
15 years ago when PSU produced toward one third of heat output of whole PC dividing case to multiple chambers allowed easier managing of heatflow.
But now at least with European mains voltage typical PSUs produce clearly less than 10% of heat and best PSUs just 5% leaving only downsides left:
Multiple especially smaller compartments are lot harder to work with than one big free space.

Got enough of "pizza box" inside spaces 20 years ago...

Still waiting for a manufacturer of both cases and PSUs to do something about the ATX standard PSUs which were designed for the top/rear of cases, and introduce a new ATX design which would allow the PSU to be positioned differently*

* At the rear-bottom but from side-to-side instead of rear-to-front...
So room left over to play with depth-wise, in an ATX mid-tower, for front fans/rads (for thicker rads just don't use the second drive cage, which is still better than no drive cage at all if you use a really thick rad in mid-tower cases at present).
Water cooling's big advantage is in easy moving of lots of heat away from its source to where it can be gotten rid of easily.
So putting radiator into front with that heat blown to face of components is kinda counter-productive...

Back
Top Bottom