A full water test?

Associate
I want to get a water test done because I know that there is water getting into the car in a couple of locations. The local garage said they can do a full water test but I was just wondering what that involves. Is it as simple as using a hose and seeing where the leaks occur on the inside? If so I can do that by myself and save some money at the same time? They want to charge about £40 for a full water test!

Im pretty sure the back window seal needs replaced but I want to make sure that there is no water coming in about the same area. The sunroof also leaks but that could be the age of that sunroof [i.e. not able to close properly any more]/seal quality or something just as simple as the drainage tubes around the seal being blocked.

I could even take the car to a car wash and see if I notice anything?

Permabanned
kaiowas said:
Obviously you need to be aware that blasting pressurised water straight at the seals isn't a meaningful way to detect the source of a leak ;)

use a hose not a pressure washer - this way its more like rain which causes the leak than a hurricane which will blast though anything.

Permabanned
A normal hose, resting on a fence or something with the water dropping onto the roof is a good way.

Leave it like that for a while, and have a look inside etc :) Like kaiowas says most cars get wet inside when you blast water from all angles.

Back
Top Bottom