A-Level results day

tnx

tnx

Associate
I did quite well. Got mainly A's apart from in English literature. Can't remember if I got two B's or not two B's.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I was watching the news this morning and it was quite interesting to see that unconditional offers have increased 20x in the last 15 or so years. I don't think anybody in my sixth form received an unconditional when we were applying, I do wonder what the rationale behind it is.

I got an unconditional offer for a PhD scholarship this summer, so yeah, it sucks.

As for rationale for unconditional offers, it just business. They need bums on seats otherwise they lose money.

Soldato
But as someone else said, its a business. The more who go to Uni, the more money the Government makes, so they need to reduce the barrier for entry to achieve that. They don't really care about the students education, only about the money they can make while they are in it.

The few who will excel in life will do so with or without uni.

Agreed. I don't go as far as my sister who believes Uni is only for an Academic elite, but do believe education and progression needs a standard to provide a benchmark for both aspiration and the enlightenment of society as a whole.

Soldato
As someone that applied to university during the busiest ever year on record, this is very frustrating.

I'm seeing people being accepted onto the same degree as I did, 5 years later at a much better university with C's whereas I struggled to get in with B's.

There is even clearing places for medicine, which is absolutely unheard of if you go back 5 years

Back
Top Bottom